bomberxl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL, Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was happy to see these came back in stock and were still cheap. Following this thread made for any easy install and no broken clips.

Ford also made it easy by only putting one metal clip on at the factory
Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror F7A3BCF5-2623-45B4-BDAF-C60B21423F2B

I wish I had tapped in farther back from the harness. Made reinstalling a little tight. These vampire taps are quick but don’t make as solid of a connection as I would like.
Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror 7D1C88B9-DE29-4A1D-84D5-6D82DFFE1797
Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was happy to see these came back in stock and were still cheap. Following this thread made for any easy install and no broken clips.

Ford also made it easy by only putting one metal clip on at the factory
F7A3BCF5-2623-45B4-BDAF-C60B21423F2B.jpeg

I wish I had tapped in farther back from the harness. Made reinstalling a little tight. These vampire taps are quick but don’t make as solid of a connection as I would like.
7D1C88B9-DE29-4A1D-84D5-6D82DFFE1797.jpeg
Congrats on successfully installing the unit. I'm about to start my DIY, mind if you can provide your best tip when using the tool kit to remove the map light/sunglass compartment and avoid the metal clip? Would you say it's better to come in from the sides then pull it down? Thanks!!

bomberxl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL, Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on successfully installing the unit. I'm about to start my DIY, mind if you can provide your best tip when using the tool kit to remove the map light/sunglass compartment and avoid the metal clip? Would you say it's better to come in from the sides then pull it down? Thanks!!
I didn’t use any tool kits. For the black piece I just pinched it in from the sides with my hands so the middle flexed enough to get my fingers in. Firm pull down and it popped off.

I have the sunroof, so I just opened it up so I could look inside above the liner and used a long screwdriver to compress the clip while using another one to pry down(wrapped in electrical tape to protect the plastic). I only pulled from the front, the side clips just popped loose.

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t use any tool kits. For the black piece I just pinched it in from the sides with my hands so the middle flexed enough to get my fingers in. Firm pull down and it popped off.

I have the sunroof, so I just opened it up so I could look inside above the liner and used a long screwdriver to compress the clip while using another one to pry down(wrapped in electrical tape to protect the plastic). I only pulled from the front, the side clips just popped loose.
Got it. Thanks again!!

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All set!

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror 20107AA0-62AF-47A1-81CA-6D7D8FCB623B

Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! From your other messages, I presume you don't have the sunroof either. I will be hooking mine up tomorrow so I wanted to ask what wires did you tap from? Thank you for your feedback.
Thanks! Yes, no sunroof. From other messages on this thread, wires are the same color-wise. Meaning that from the cabin lights connector the purple wire (switch power) goes with black/white on your mirror, yellow/green (constant power) goes with black and the black/blue (ground) goes with the other black. Hope this helps!

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror wirin

Last edited:
Sponsored

Wawesson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! Yes, no sunroof. From other messages on this thread, wires are the same color-wise. Meaning that from the cabin lights connector the purple wire (switch power) goes with black/white on your mirror, yellow/green (constant power) goes with black and the black/blue (ground) goes with the other black. Hope this helps!

wiring.jpg
Suggest connecting both to switch power. I did. Works grest. If you use constant power a thief voild break into your Maverick and open garage door. With switched power Homelink only works when vehicle on.

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Suggest connecting both to switch power. I did. Works grest. If you use constant power a thief voild break into your Maverick and open garage door. With switched power Homelink only works when vehicle on.
It's a great suggestion, thanks! Dang, I already completed my DIY. I guess I'll now have my dog "Goose" help protect my Maverick from thieves' break ins!

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror Goose

Seb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Does anyone know what this is for? It was included with mirror. No instructions.
Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror 3E08719E-A887-4447-AF69-D67C7E2DD8A1

Seb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Thank you AUTUS_FL and Wawesson for your help. That took less than 15 minutes with your advice!
Sponsored