Sponsored

Changes to trim levels / options for 2023?

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering when Ford will be releasing what the trim packages and options will look like for 2023. Trying to decide whether to keep my current truck or sell/trade-in for a 2023.
Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably not too many physical changes. Maybe a 60/40 split bench for the rear. Some changes to the packages that the bean counters will decide. Def a possiblity that there will be a tech package for all trims that gives ACC and whatnot.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The upgrade to 2-liter bottle holders is really gonna change the game.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing major, seeing how it just came out this year. Price will go up to better match the market.
More accessories will pop up over time from different brands.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Helicopter/drone deployment attachment will become standard. Submersible functionality will be a XLUX option.
Where will the gun turrets and torpedo launchers go?

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can’t build the trim levels they released for this year. I see zero change coming and the company still having a hard time fulfilling orders.

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
To try and help the OP out with his questions, based on the 2022 model we will start to hear about the 2023 model in about June? I know orders will be placed in August, but when will the press releases start to happen?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only benefit I can see to a 2023 would be increased long-term resale value and some initial bugs from the early builds worked out. Price increase may not happen since the 2022's already saw a price increase. I think that little trick will allow them in the online blogsphere to have reviewers saying "no price change for 2023" even though technically there was from the initial 2022 orders, ESPECIALLY those that lucked out and got AWD upgrade for free.

I don't think it would be smart to jack up the price, as the shortages can't last forever and they don't want a repeat of the Ford Escape mistake, which got poor reviews because while it isn't a bad vehicle and in so many ways is very similar to the Maverick, it was just priced too high. If the Ford Escape hybrid advertised "starting at $19,999" instead of "starting at just over $28K" I think there would have been just as much hype.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting question eh ? I think much depends on the chip situation which certainly caused constraints. At some point the radio will be upgraded to a sync 4 and larger screen, there certainly will be an all electric version - the question would be when - would be more than a year Id guess - Ford probably has an idea of which suppliers could go with different options and which caused delays like the spray in liner - might be some different interior upholstery packages
clavicus made me laugh out loud with the water bottle comment ;) There wont be big changes but Im sure a few minor ones .

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford reads this forum.....standard or Level tailgate option. Lumbar levers option where they can be turned by hand instead of imagination. Mode selection options to remain when vehicle turned off. Fog light options for the front bumper. A back seat that folds down flat. Bigger Rear view/auto dim mirror option. Hard paint option that is rock and bullet proof. Maybe Self-healing interior plastics like my wife's fabric cutting boards. :rolleyes:

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will go on the record now and say that I bet Ford will give all the XL and XLT Sync 3 for the 2023 model year. Split seat bottoms for the rear seat would be really nice too.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only because by then the Lariat will have Sync 4. 😬
No, because the setup Ford has given us now is complete garbage and I think they realize it. Its 2001 technology.

Sponsored