First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4 Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't see any mention of the guys at Refined Truck's new catch can kit in the forums.
Apologies if it is already up.
They are all over YouTube as 2 Random Scrubs with their Maverick videos.
Check out their maverick shop and videos. They give a great service.

https://www.refinedtruck.com/shop/p/oil-catch-can-kit-ford-maverick
Sponsored

Hanksmydog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 F150 , 2010 Mustang GT, Maverick XLT
Ive seen their video posted on a couple of the groups. They were giving one away in a drawing this past weekend,but I havent seen a post on who won that drawing.

Chase_GHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4, C4 Corvette
I can't see any mention of the guys at Refined Truck's new catch can kit in the forums.
Apologies if it is already up.
They are all over YouTube as 2 Random Scrubs with their Maverick videos.
Check out their maverick shop and videos. They give a great service.

https://www.refinedtruck.com/shop/p/oil-catch-can-kit-ford-maverick
That is a very cheap universal China special that they slapped their sticker on and marked up. I wouldn't run it but you can get it minus the sticker for a lot cheaper off Amazon. Link below. (n)

Vincos Universal catch can

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 R.I.P.
Glad @Chase_GHT said it. Generic pcv hose (by the ft), can, and metal strip could be done for around $40 to $50 all-in, retail. With wholesale quantities, these guys have to be making over $100/unit easy.

If you don't care about mfr country, look on AliExpress and you can find a better designed can like a radium or mishimoto clone for cheap.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a very cheap universal China special that they slapped their sticker on and marked up. I wouldn't run it but you can get it minus the sticker for a lot cheaper off Amazon. Link below. (n)

Vincos Universal catch can
And when you see veteran owned company expect the product to be priced higher than market value for something similar. It is just another way to get people to an emotional leap before they look purchase same as doing it for the kids and such.

Sponsored

Hanksmydog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 F150 , 2010 Mustang GT, Maverick XLT
Glad @Chase_GHT said it. Generic pcv hose (by the ft), can, and metal strip could be done for around $40 to $50 all-in, retail. With wholesale quantities, these guys have to be making over $100/unit easy.

If you don't care about mfr country, look on AliExpress and you can find a better designed can like a radium or mishimoto clone for cheap.
Is there a significant quality difference in any of the catch cans? Most say get a baffled can, but there are $ ranges from $40 to $300. and first glance they seem to appear to be created similarly. This isnt the standard discussion on whether one is needed, just wondering what the real quality difference might be, other than better quality hose that is used on some of them.

Last edited:

Chase_GHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4, C4 Corvette
Is there a significant quality difference in any of the catch cans? Most say get a baffled can, but there are $ ranges from $40 to $300. and first glance they seem to appear to be created similarly. This isnt the standard discussion on whether one is needed, just wondering what the real quality difference might be, other than better quality hose that is used on some of them.
The two biggest factors in the price are 1) where its manufactured, and 2) how much time it takes to machine. To the first point, I can tell you from experience that in bulk you can get items machined in China and shipped to the US for 1/3 the cost of having them machined down the street from you. Does that matter in terms of quality? Not really these days. To the second point, it doesn't take long to machine a basic can that isn't going to accomplish much of anything besides collecting dirty colored condensation, thus its cheaper to cut per unit. A catch can that is properly engineered is obviously more complex, probably more that two pieces, and will take more time on the machine thus costing more per unit.

For me, its not so much a question of price or where it was manufactured. I want a product that is going to protect my engine. I want to see whats going on inside.

Last edited:

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 R.I.P.
Different baffle designs and/or coalescing media, volume, features (drain port, dipstick, etc.). Thousand ways to get almost the same result, but a lot is preference. As long as it has good baffles, it's an improvement over a plain hose.

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those of you that wants a can that works, has lots of results posted already and is built here in house, check ours out. It's all hand fabricated, not the cheapest option but it 100% does it's job.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And when you see veteran owned company expect the product to be priced higher than market value for something similar. It is just another way to get people to an emotional leap before they look purchase same as doing it for the kids and such.
You all have probably heard their catchy song on the radio and everyone thinks they are helping children. This is a complete scam.

https://www.kars4kids.org/ppc/brand...EKMtF8QTQj8PxMpWHzaFpF1HBXG85vARoCnKsQAvD_BwE
Sponsored