First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I've got offers for my trade-in from both Carmax and Carvana that are very close to each other. Also tried VROOM, but their offer was an insult. Still waiting on my dealer's input if I trade it to them, but I'm betting it won't be as good as the two offers I have. If you had to chose between Carmax and Carvana, which would you choose and why?
Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

CarMax gave me a better offer on the last car I sold and they were very efficient. Whole process took about 2 hours at their lot.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can also try Algo, Driveway, Webuyanycar.com, and also Carmigo. Carmigo you name your price of what you want and they try to get buyers. I have had luck on Algo and Driveway.

You can also get a KBB Instant Price. That was actually higher than Carmax and Carvana for me.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Carmax because carvana having financial difficulties that could cause transfer problems .

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my C-Max to Carvana in December 2022. They gave me the best price out of all the sites that are previously listed on here. Carvana came to me. Took about a half hour in my driveway and no issues. Title is out of my name and the check cleared. I would sell to them again.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd do Carmax because of the issues with Carvana. Would hate for them to go bust and you have a legal quagmire to deal with.

First I'd take the quote in for the trade. I did this with my KBB offer with one dealer. They were able to come close enough to it for it to not be worth while to mess around with going somewhere else.

JoeJoe311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster N, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just sold my car on Carvana last week, everything went smoothly. The money is in the bank. Only issue was the person that picked it up stalled the car three times after telling me they knew how to drive manual. I ended up driving it on the back of the truck. šŸ¤£

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I've got offers for my trade-in from both Carmax and Carvana that are very close to each other. Also tried VROOM, but their offer was an insult. Still waiting on my dealer's input if I trade it to them, but I'm betting it won't be as good as the two offers I have. If you had to chose between Carmax and Carvana, which would you choose and why?
Sold a car a month ago. CarMax beat everyone else by a couple of thousand. It was a painless experience and I had my check in about an hour. Used that check to pay cash for my Maverick. I have had it for 4 days now and I absolutely love it. Iā€™m 69 years old and have had many new vehicles but this is by far my favorite!

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've heard some sketchy stories about Carvana not handling title transfers properly, probably more of a buyers concern, but Carmax seems like they have it all together.

In my case, Carmax offered more than Carvana, but my dealer was able to beat Carmax's offer by another $1,000. Givemethevin was also competitive, and was willing to beat Carmax. The dealer trade was a lot simpler, so I didn't need to go down that road.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, depending on your state, the sales tax basis on your new purchase may be reduced by value of the trade-in, which makes the dealer more competitive. Not true in CA, but it may be in your state.

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m selling my Volvo XC90 now that I bought a Maverick. Carmax offered me $3,500 and Carvana offered me $1,300. Iā€™m listing it on cargurus and others to see if I can get a little more out of it. For $1,300 Iā€™d rather keep it, and drive it until the wheels fall off.

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve sold my last couple of cars to Carmax as they have had the best price except for the last one. I actually sold my Bronco Sport to my Maverick dealer as they beat the Carmax offer by $1000.00. I sold it to them on December 30th, knowing my Maverick was on the way. Plus it took it off my personal property tax for the year and the sale price also reduced taxes on the Maverick when I registered it. My dealer wanted my cherry Bronco Sport with 16K miles and sold it very quickly making a quick 3000 doing it. I would always take your best offer to the dealer and ask them to beat it, they might just say deal.

Cynthia Wells

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat in Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m selling my Volvo XC90 now that I bought a Maverick. Carmax offered me $3,500 and Carvana offered me $1,300. Iā€™m listing it on cargurus and others to see if I can get a little more out of it. For $1,300 Iā€™d rather keep it, and drive it until the wheels fall off.
Carvana offered me $20k for my car. My maverick will be at the dealer on the 25th of March, and now I'm getting excited! 2023 Cactus Gray Lariat - Does anyone know if they are still including the spray in bedliners in the 2023's??
Thanks!
CG

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if they are still including the spray in bedliners in the 2023's??
Only if you added it. Spray in liner was a separate add-on for 23. It was included with Lariat Lux in 22.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana because they come to pick up the vehicle , cut u a check, make it so easy plus their offer was significantly better (by 2G)than anyone for my practically mint '18 Mazda Touring w less than 36K miles.
Sponsored