First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure the only difference is Lariat has dual climate for driver/passenger which I have never found to be that great of a feature in any vehicle.
I agree with that. It seems like an unused option I’ve had a few vehicles with it and have never had the temps split from passenger to driver. Maybe front to back ok but not side to side.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I wish "Off" was on the fan speed knob like every other car I've driven.

t1.jpg
I like fan speed 3, I can live with 2 but have to have recirculating off. Off or speed one is a no no. I suffer from food = (not from what you think but "Fear Of Oxygen Deprivation"

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like fan speed 3, I can live with 2 but have to have recirculating off. Off or speed one is a no no. I suffer from food = (not from what you think but "Fear Of Oxygen Deprivation"
Fear of oxygen deprivation? Is that like the thing where people in countries such as South Korea (and maybe others) believe that leaving fans running overnight in rooms where people are sleeping will somehow kill them by somehow removing the oxygen?

Of course it's a physical impossibly for an air circulation fan to do that, but I guess fears don't have to be reasonable.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with that. It seems like an unused option I’ve had a few vehicles with it and have never had the temps split from passenger to driver. Maybe front to back ok but not side to side.
Dual zone was one of the major things pushing me to Lariat over XLT. I'm sitting there at 78 while my gf has her side on LOW.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Current "learn" is yesterday wife parked halfway between gate and mail box placed knob in neutral and did the "L" button as supposedly that is how driver can exit while leaving mav in ready mode. Worked great she got out and opened gate and I got out and fetched the mail. I returned to passenger seat before she got back and when I sat down the mav started rolling forward whether the brake released or it went into creeping mode I do not know, maybe the young whipper snapper computer programmer did not check check which seat sensor was triggered?
All that does is keep the Maverick in neutral when you open the door. You should put it in park when you get out of the car. Probably just your getting in the car unbalanced the position it was in and it started rolling.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fear of oxygen deprivation? Is that like the thing where people in countries such as South Korea (and maybe others) believe that leaving fans running overnight in rooms where people are sleeping will somehow kill them by somehow removing the oxygen?

Of course it's a physical impossibly for an air circulation fan to do that, but I guess fears don't have to be reasonable.
I do not know if it's actually oxygen related or not but in any case I am uncomfortable if I am stationary and there is no noticable air movement, in car, watching TV, sleeping, etc. I have other problems also as my dear grandmother pavloved me with running water during potty training. 😂. And my wife only once when I had hood up on car and hands greasy turned garden hose on and held it chest high above driveway = 😱. Somehow we are still married.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When she put it in N then L did she turn the engine off as is required? Temporary Neutral Mode is for going through an automatic car wash when not in the vehicle. If you get out otherwise put it in P.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was driving yesterday and it was blowing out so cold I had to basically close my vents. Had it set on 72, auto, low and even switching to the first fan setting it was way too cold. I've never felt AC so cold. Same setup as my Escape had and I never had a problem with it, but the vents are in different locations. I usually turn the recirculation on too but it didn't seem to help. I guess 1st world problems - complaining about AC being too cold lol. But damn man, that stuff hurt my hand and froze my whole arm. Crazy. It was only 80 outside too. Turned it up to 74 and that helped but then it got too warm in the cab.

I loved the auto setting for summer in my Escape. It worked great, but this one is a bit too chill. Kind of weird.

Winter I use the defrost and foot setting almost exclusively.

Sponsored

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, the 3-speed selectable auto climate control, which I have never seen before. It is awesome. And this comes standard on all trims.

Not sure why people don't like automatic things...
Automatic can break to easy.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The number 1 fan settling helps with drying out residual condensation to prevent mold and mildew with the AC and defrost off. It’s a good thing.
Sponsored