Sponsored

Can the Recirculate / Fresh air be disabled or re-programed?

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For health reasons the HVAC system in our Lariat needs to be in the Recirculate mode. Can the auto control be disabled in Forescan or can the door be disconnected in the Recirculate mode?
Sponsored

Sventinker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need this too. Mine opens when using floor heatand when I am on the freeway I get exhaust smell from the vehicles in front of me.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently NO based the the previous threads/post on the subject. Guess with our new world order, computers, AL, etc, the machines know better than humans 🤨

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it helps for those with health issues, be certain to change your cabin air filter frequently. There are also filters which contain carbon filtering media or are HEPA. Be aware that HEPA rated filters could significantly restrict the air flow due to their added restriction.

Good luck

JG307

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The recirculation mode turns off to prevent fogging of the windshield, so I'm fairly certain it's a moisture sensor that decides for you. Having the AC on will pull moisture out of the air. In my limited experience, you can keep recirculation mode from turning off as often if the AC is turned on. Note that AC does not have to mean cold-- you can turn the AC on and set the temperature to whatever you like and then it's just pulling moisture out of the air. And wasting energy of course, but 🤷‍♂️ that's on Ford.
Sponsored