First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not care for the ford Battery Management System as it does things I don't want it to do, can this be disabled in Forscan?
Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
its a guess but i would say no, some things you cannot over ride

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I have to ask: What does it do you don't want it to do?

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't want it micro managing my battery, especially when I add two more G34 batteries to feed my audio system.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Best guess? Deep sleep.

BMS is suppose to make the battery last longer by not overcharging the battery. 80% is the State of Charge (SoC) target.

You can change the target level to whatever you want so the alternator should charge at 'Conventional Charge' vs trickling the battery. I'm not 100% convinced it works though.

The 'Body Control Module' says yes, but, the BMS current sensor says barely. Bounces all over the place from -3 to -4A to 0-3A while driving.

Sponsored

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I have to ask: What does it do you don't want it to do?
I'd imagine it'd become tiresome when folks get around to wiring aftermarket things such as audio systems, lights (public safety or just spotlights), wenches, and the like to their batteries, or adding batteries.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want it micro managing my battery, especially when I add two more G34 batteries to feed my audio system.
Would it not be possible to add your batteries and put an isolator in the circuit so the truck can manage it's battery but not the add-ons? I'm a little out of my area of expertise so maybe that's not possible but similar systems are installed in motorhomes to allow the truck engine to charge all batteries but keep the starting battery isolated so it doesn't get drained by house use.

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isolators haven't been used in large scale car audio systems for years, mainly since the adoption of AGM and lithium batteries.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would it not be possible to add your batteries and put an isolator in the circuit so the truck can manage it's battery but not the add-ons? I'm a little out of my area of expertise so maybe that's not possible but similar systems are installed in motorhomes to allow the truck engine to charge all batteries but keep the starting battery isolated so it doesn't get drained by house use.
You should be able to isolate additional batteries using an isolation transformer and a transistor bridge but it would cause the BMS to go into a fault mode when the alternator started pumping out power and it wasn't making the programmed change in power, or the battery would stay charged longer but when it went below threshold the current supplied by the alternator wouldn't make sufficient change in the target voltage and would then throw a fault.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, nevermind. :) I said I was out of my depth.
Sponsored