First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aftermarket anything? Have good insurance and a great attorney, especially with adding cruise control!
Do you know of any case where this was a problem?
Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aftermarket anything? Have good insurance and a great attorney, especially with adding cruise control!
Non-issue. Dealers and other outfits have been adding aftermarket cruise for years. It's not the legal issue you think it is.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not saying i agree or even like all of the choices made here, but you asked for an explanation, so...

I think colors are seen as luxurious, whether you agree or not. Personally, I don't like the black/blue combo. I thought that was a fashion faux pas. 🤷‍♂️ I guess even my white XLT will have a black wheel, though.

Another thing I heard today is that designers used accent colors (orange) on the parts that you're supposed to interact with. (Where's my cup holder?... Oh, what's this round orange thing here?)

As far as me, I ordered white (it just looks right!) Because I'm in Texas and it should stay cooler and appear cleaner for longer. I got XLT because I want cruise control; nice rims are a bonus. The interior 🤷‍♂️ don't care. Just thrilled to have a decent screen with Android auto.

Those are my priorities, though. To each their own! If you hate the orange, go get your pitchfork! Light the torches! I'll be watching you from over here.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got to see both XLT and the XL models today.

They are larger than I expected. Nicer too.

However, something puzzles me. Is it just me or is the interior of the XL FAR nicer than the interior of the XLT. The XLT literally looks like it has a Formica counter top for a dash. The black looks SO much more appealing. This makes no sense to me.

I will tell you that if Ford offered cruise control on the XL, I would literally just get the XL and add leather seats. However, the no cruise control is a a deal breaker for me.

The XL interior does look better and should have been offered in the XLT as well. The XLT interior colors look horrid.

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One bummer with the XL is also no rear armrest.
Very rarely is anyone else even riding with me and even rarer is anyone in the back seat.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very rarely is anyone else even riding with me and even rarer is anyone in the back seat.
Self-fulfilling prophecy:

STDriver03: "Cool, lets meet there, and I can take three of y'all with me."
Crew: "You have no arm rest, pass."
STDriver03: :cautious:
I think colors are seen as luxurious, whether you agree or not.
Maybe in Mexican villages around where the Maverick is made, lol! That's why they paint the houses in slums all different bright colors, see, more luxurious now. /s Certainly this isn't luxurious, it needs more blue and orange:
Ford Maverick Can someone explain? XLT interior vs XL interior Maybach interior pictures 1 (1)

Last edited:

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Non-issue. Dealers and other outfits have been adding aftermarket cruise for years. It's not the legal issue you think it is.
Oh good, you'll be the expert witness! "Over a period of 10 years, Ford Motor Company has recalled more than 14 million vehicles for problems with their cruise control, which was manufactured by Texas Instruments. These vehicles were catching fire, even if the car was shut off and parked.
Recalls Do Not Mean You Cannot Sue
Zehl & Associates has successfully litigated many cases and have recovered more than $50 million for owners of Ford vehicles that were equipped with a defective cruise control device.
https://www.zehllaw.com/practice-ar...rol-fires/ford-cruise-control-fires-timeline/

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh good, you'll be the expert witness! "Over a period of 10 years, Ford Motor Company has recalled more than 14 million vehicles for problems with their cruise control, which was manufactured by Texas Instruments. These vehicles were catching fire, even if the car was shut off and parked.
Zehl & Associates has successfully litigated many cases and have recovered more than $50 million for owners of Ford vehicles that were equipped with a defective cruise control device.
https://www.zehllaw.com/practice-ar...rol-fires/ford-cruise-control-fires-timeline/
Isn't this article about factory cruise rather than aftermarket?

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted yesterday about seeing the XL in person. It is superior to the XLT colors to me. The faceted panels are nicer with a metallic look.

I dont have any issue with the XLT colors, but after seeing the XL in person I immediately preferred it by far.

I think the pics on Fords website make the XL interior appear darker than it really is.

I never really paid attention to XL until I saw the interior in person.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Isn't this article about factory cruise rather than aftermarket?
Exactly, they bought them from TI but were responsible and have the deep pockets. Does Billy the local installer have big bucks? Good thing the Mav. fits in the garage!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly, they bought them from TI but were responsible and have the deep pockets. Does Billy the local installer have big bucks? Good thing the Mav. fits in the garage!
Oh, OK I see your point.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's it, you convinced me! No factory cruise control for me, I'm sticking with aftermarket!

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're missing the point that liability does not lie with the end user of a consumer product. In fact, the law protects end users, generally. You should read up on tort law. It would clear a lot of things up for you.

Anyway....moving on now...

Last edited:

Chasdev

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Silverado 14 Accord
If memory serves, the fires were/are caused buy a faulty brake fluid pressure sensor/switch that sends a brake applied signal the the ECU which turns off the cruise function.
Fires are caused when the switch sticks in the "on" position after car is parked which causes the wire harness to overheat and melt down which causes some other easy to ignite objects to flame on.
Back in the good old days the brake applied signal (to the cruise controller) was a simple spring loaded switch mounted near the brake lite switch on the brake pedal arm or nearby bracket.
Some even used a fancy two terminal brake lite switch which did both, turn on the brake lights and shut off the cruise.
Sponsored