Nick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have great taste, XL looks the best. Ford selected XL interior for the new highest trim, the Maverick Tremor (minus seats)

Ford Maverick Can someone explain? XLT interior vs XL interior Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 12.25.46 PM
Ford Maverick Can someone explain? XLT interior vs XL interior Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 12.26.50 PM
Ford Maverick Can someone explain? XLT interior vs XL interior Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 12.24.07 PM
Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
To each there own, hate black interiors, it's common and boring. Not to mention that it draws in a lot of heat on hot sunny days.
Where you live makes a big difference. Living in the south, I've never been a fan of dark interiors for that reason. Up North, maybe it's not as big a problem for most of the year.

Trying to stay cool is why I wouldn't even consider the Lariat as well. Nothing worse than skin touching vinyl in summer in the south.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tremor door pulls are like a straight up black ? Ugh

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several of us here on the forum have said we like the XL interior better. And cruise control can be added aftermarket.
Cruise control on 2023 XL models comes standard ,an upgrade from 2022

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where you live makes a big difference. Living in the south, I've never been a fan of dark interiors for that reason. Up North, maybe it's not as big a problem for most of the year.

Trying to stay cool is why I wouldn't even consider the Lariat as well. Nothing worse than skin touching vinyl in summer in the south.
I suppose, I live in what I'd call a swing area, western Canada (warmer coastal region, so not -50F days), but even here we can go weeks below freezing in winter, and then from June to September 90+F (warmest day on record last summer was 110F) days happen often enough. Still wouldn't want black inside for winter, blacks just not my thing. I love the XLT inside, I'm a blue jeans kind of guy though.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The color schemes for the XLT and Lariat are indeed odd. I am surprised that blue is the primary color on all 3 trims, and that Ford didn't just do a black interior to save money.
If the plastic interior were black it would not be in my garage. It get's too hot here to have black interior. Air Conditioning wouldn't be able to keep up. I had black interior on one car, just one, and that won't happen again. It was unbearable in the summer. I actually had a camera lens get soft enough that when I picked it up it became an oval and the lens dismounted. That was a Leica lens so it wasn't a cheaply made sample, but a high-quality lens.
Sponsored