villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw an Airstream Basecamp on the freeway the other week and it’s a nice trailer. I just can’t fathom paying $43K for a camper that only sleeps 2ppl. They are really nice and super classy though.
last year I bought a scamp 13 on a Monday(Albuquerque), and casita spirit deluxe on Friday (Seattle). That was $32000 in 6 days and 4500 miles total, based in Southern California. Sold the scamp 3 weeks later as I’d initially bought the scamp and was gonna order a new casita, then a great lightly used casita popped up for 20% less than new and I got it too. Used the casita ~20 nights and it’s too much, and not enough at the same time.

not sure what I’m gonna do for with the maverick, maybe nothing. Maybe a small teardrop or small cargo trailer conversion
Sponsored

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Lance 1475. You could pull the 1475 or their 1575 model with the 4k tow package. Lance makes high quality products.
Well, you just gave me a new wishlist item. These look amazing!

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy crap $41,000 very nice inside but don't think the wife would go for it, barely let me order the Maverick LoL. But thank you so much for letting me know what it was.
Don't waste your money on a ready built camper, convert a 5x8 or 5x10 cargo trailer into one, there very light and fairly cheap to buy (about $4000).
tons of youtube videos on conversions.

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is what I’ll be towing with my Hybrid when I get mine this spring sometime. Riverside Retro Jr. 509 that weighs about 900 lbs empty. Sleeps two with AC and has a kitchenette in the back. I’ve had it about 4 seasons now and I love it! It will match my Iconic Silver paint perfectly.

Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? 3A8B5A2F-0871-4057-95A0-D02D7762A17E

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't waste your money on a ready built camper, convert a 5x8 or 5x10 cargo trailer into one, there very light and fairly cheap to buy (about $4000).
tons of youtube videos on conversions.
yeah, cause everybody has the time, skills, and workspace to do that. those lightweight cargo box trailers are very light duty construction and poorly built. I've had multiples of 5x8, 6x10, 7x12, etc. for hauling dirt bikes over the years. No standard trailer brakes, leveling jacks, windows, insulation, etc.

Only slightly better than tent camping b/c have hard sides, off the ground and shelter in bad weather.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out the Braxton Creek Bushwhacker 17BH. Sleeps 4, has bunks. Dry weight is 2360lbs.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I'm looking for something that can sleep 4 and is around $20,000 I know that's probably hard to do.
Forest River is pretty entry-level, but you could get a Rockwood Geo Pro G16BH or an R-Pod 193 if you shop around.

I used to tent camp with my family all the time just didn't like having to pack up soggy tents anymore. I'm used to going to the pit toilets and I thought your bath was jumping in the lake LoL that might be another one to look into.
I am waiting to see if someone will test-fit a FWC Swift Shell into the Maverick. I'm not too interested in buying a trailer due to the great state of California's 55mph towing speed limit. And like you, all I really want is a bed off the ground that requires little-to-no prep. I don't want to have to deal with winterizing plumbing that I'll never use or stare at a stove I'll never use or a fridge I'll never use.

https://fourwheelcampers.com/model/swift-model-pop-up-truck-camper-leader-mid-size-trucks/

If the Swift fits, my next far-fetched dream is that the Swift on a Maverick will be low enough to fit inside a standard 7' residential garage. At that point, I'd just drive around with it on 100% of the time. Covered, locked bed storage and a nice nap whenever.

some of the scamps and casita trailers sleep 4, but then no bathroom or shower.
The Casita Spirit Deluxe (meaning a wet bathroom) can sleep 4 with a DIY bunk mod over the side dinette that isn't too involved even for someone who has never picked up a saw. There are several versions online.

Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? casita-spirit-deluxe-bunk-mod

At one point there was even a factory option for it. You can tell from the outside because they have a short window over the side dinette instead of the big "picture" window.

Casitas also tend to hold their value, unlike most entry-level RVs. There's a 4-6 month lead time to get one brand new. They also don't sell to dealerships; they are factory direct-to-consumer only. They also last longer than most stick-and-tin trailers, but that goes for pretty much any fiberglass egg trailer.

I saw an Airstream Basecamp on the freeway the other week and it’s a nice trailer.
I toured one at an RV show. I agree; it's a nice trailer as with any other Airstream product, and the trailer will probably outlive the original owner. But the build quality is definitely reflected in the price.

yeah, cause everybody has the time, skills, and workspace to do that. those lightweight cargo box trailers are very light duty construction and poorly built. I've had multiples of 5x8, 6x10, 7x12, etc. for hauling dirt bikes over the years. No standard trailer brakes, leveling jacks, windows, insulation, etc.

Only slightly better than tent camping b/c have hard sides, off the ground and shelter in bad weather.
I was about to say the same thing. Sure if you have the time, skills, and workspace to do it then more power to you. Heck, if you start off with a decently-built trailer (tandem axle with brakes on both, side crossmembers 12" OC, roof crossmembers 16" OC, etc) then you could probably have something built better than 90% of the stick-and-tin trailers at an RV dealership.

But I equate it to buying a rolling chassis of a car and building the rest of the car on top. Or buying a cargo van and building something like One Up Vans or another reputable motovan builder does. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? one-up-vans

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
here's my rig for riding and camping. 2100lbs unloaded. 12 x 7 box + a couple feet for tongue. Starting price around $12k fairly well equipped, but I added about 4k in options (Roof AC, Fridge, ladder, diamond plate, 2 burner stove, extra cabinets, rear door bug screen, etc.)

At 63 I'm full of Arthritis, bad discs in neck & lower back, 1 replaced and 2 rebuilt joints and tryin to put off more as long as possible. We started off tent camping around 1994, but it was miserable on our backs and tried out a DIY conversion of old fire dept ambulance, 1973 Winnebago, then a 2005 Forest River RV with all modern conveniences including queen bedroom in a modest package for traveling with 2 large dogs. Still have that 1. The current toybox is a compromise from that, but still let's me sleep, cook and shower in relative comfort. My Maverick 2.0 will have 4k Tow package and easily tow the trailer and 2 bikes and all supplies (y)No roughing it for this old fart :cool:

Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? Firestorm

Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? Firestorm2

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In January we are picking up a flagstaff e-pro 12rk. It's small and compact nothing special just a bed and an outdoor kitchen but. Reason for choosing this model really just comes down to winning it, may upgrade later but we'll try it out for now and see how we like it. Dry weight is around 1300lbs ish.
Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? download (1)
Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? Forest-River-Flagstaff-Kitchen

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking for something that can sleep 4 and is around $20,000 I know that's probably hard to do.
Winnebago has a new line of camper trailers starting at that price range. After dealing with and getting screwed by Airstream they are at the bottom of my choice for a trailer.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

if you're lookin at the cyber orange one with the silver camper, i believe its an airstream basecamp

43215345_278484357434233_3014655734920348516_n-jpg.jpg
The Basecamp is really nice but VERY pricey even used. They start around $32,000.

JMarion

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know the make and model of the camper that the Maverick is pulling in the promotional clip. I've been trying to find who makes it because it doesn't look like it's under the 4,000 pound weight limit. And that looks exactly like what I'd love to have someday.
I’m not sure what the promo one is, but Happier Camper has great little campers that can be configured to what you need. O think they have 3 models now. I keep looking at them as a possibility for behind my hybrid one day (the lighter one of course)
Sponsored