Sponsored

Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any plans on having something that can be routed through the bumper with a heat shield as illustrated by this picture?

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 3.46.53 PM.png
No plans for that. The majority of people are going to want to keep this an easy bolt on with better ground clearance than stock.
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve got a question… so I have your intake. Planning on the exhaust when it becomes available. From things I’ve read about tuning issues will it not run properly without a tune? It sounded like with the intake and exhaust installed you were having issues of Ford fail safes causing problems do to more power?
assuming that’s accurate wouldn’t that mean that no piggy back would work? Not even like a JB4?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve got a question… so I have your intake. Planning on the exhaust when it becomes available. From things I’ve read about tuning issues will it not run properly without a tune? It sounded like with the intake and exhaust installed you were having issues of Ford fail safes causing problems do to more power?
assuming that’s accurate wouldn’t that mean that no piggy back would work? Not even like a JB4?
The truck ran fine with no CEL's or issues with the exhaust. The issue is Ford uses the throttle to control everything, too much torque, cuts the throttle, too much boost, cuts the throttle, looking at a log it is mind blowing the truck can even accelerate but somehow their algorithm works and the truck is smooth as is the dyno graphs. The tuning is going to be the key part of making any real power.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The truck ran fine with no CEL's or issues with the exhaust. The issue is Ford uses the throttle to control everything, too much torque, cuts the throttle, too much boost, cuts the throttle, looking at a log it is mind blowing the truck can even accelerate but somehow their algorithm works and the truck is smooth as is the dyno graphs. The tuning is going to be the key part of making any real power.
So if you have the intake and exhaust installed but no tune does it drive normally? Or does it cut things and make the driving experience off? I’m picturing a feeling like when you hit the speed limiter or when the traction control won’t let you floor it

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if you have the intake and exhaust installed but no tune does it drive normally? Or does it cut things and make the driving experience off? I’m picturing a feeling like when you hit the speed limiter or when the traction control won’t let you floor it
Drives normally, you'd never know what was going on without looking at a datalog.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got confirmation from the bender yesterday, they are sending the first two systems to us to check and fixture.

Won't be long now!

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got confirmation from the bender yesterday, they are sending the first two systems to us to check and fixture.

Won't be long now!
Can you tell us the configurations? 3" SS, resonator, resonator/muffler combo, straight pipes?

I want something that sounds sporty without the drone.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you tell us the configurations? 3" SS, resonator, resonator/muffler combo, straight pipes?

I want something that sounds sporty without the drone.
Sure! 3", 304 grade stainless steel, will come standard with a muffler. We could build them straight piped. IF someone chooses to delete the front cat we can offer a resonator to be added there.

I'm 55 years old now, had my fill of loud droning exhaust. The exhaust is PERFECT sounding to me (we all have different opinions) with the second cat in and the standard system we will be offering. When I removed the secondary cat I didn't like the sound, I'll be adding a resonator there.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 55 years old now, had my fill of loud droning exhaust. The exhaust is PERFECT sounding to me (we all have different opinions) with the second cat in and the standard system we will be offering. When I removed the secondary cat I didn't like the sound, I'll be adding a resonator there.
Same here 55! I installed another custom exhaust on my Maverick where I had to cut off the factory system at the very front of the mid muffler. If I order what were are discussing can I fit/install your exhaust? The pic shows the pipe cut location. The cut was 1/4" forward of the factory mid muffler. What you see here is a resonator in place of the mid muffler.

Ford Maverick Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done! PXL_20220103_233707368.MP~2

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here 55! I installed another custom exhaust on my Maverick where I had to cut off the factory system at the very front of the mid muffler. If I order what were are discussing can I fit/install your exhaust? The pic shows the pipe cut location. The cut was 1/4" forward of the factory mid muffler. What you see here is a resonator in place of the mid muffler.

PXL_20220103_233707368.MP~2.jpg
Our system is built with an integrated reducer, made to fit exactly to the factory sized exhaust tubing. So our system will also require the stock exhaust to be cut then ours slides over and is clamps, like in the pic you have here. Our system gets cut, if I remember right, about 3" behind the secondary cat. We will also offer it to cut closer to the front eliminating that secondary cat and then we can add just a straight pipe or a resonator there. My truck will use the resonator.

For reference, the mufflers we are using I used on my Mitsubishi EVO8. With a muffler and resonator the car put down 680 whp and ran 9.04 at 159.6 mph in the 1/4 mile, so the muffler/resonators we have and are using flow a lot. That's also a 2.0 four cylinder.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our system is built with an integrated reducer, made to fit exactly to the factory sized exhaust tubing. So our system will also require the stock exhaust to be cut then ours slides over and is clamps, like in the pic you have here. Our system gets cut, if I remember right, about 3" behind the secondary cat. We will also offer it to cut closer to the front eliminating that secondary cat and then we can add just a straight pipe or a resonator there. My truck will use the resonator.

For reference, the mufflers we are using I used on my Mitsubishi EVO8. With a muffler and resonator the car put down 680 whp and ran 9.04 at 159.6 mph in the 1/4 mile, so the muffler/resonators we have and are using flow a lot. That's also a 2.0 four cylinder.
Do you have any pics of the variations?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the only pic I have that I haven't already posted pics of. This is the actual production exhaust, first one off the bender. All one piece, 304 grade stainless, SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT, with the reducer built right into the tubing to slide over the factory exhaust. I have to get an open bay to get the truck back in the door to build it all and check fitment. The hangers will be direct replacements and use the nice factory rubber hangers, hangers are also all 304 grade stainless. This system will out last the life of the truck, 304 does rot/rust. I have systems on cars that are over 20 years old.

Ford Maverick Buschur's 3" cat back exhaust prototype for 2.0 Maverick all done! IMG_0545

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the only pic I have that I haven't already posted pics of. This is the actual production exhaust, first one off the bender. All one piece, 304 grade stainless, SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT, with the reducer built right into the tubing to slide over the factory exhaust. I have to get an open bay to get the truck back in the door to build it all and check fitment. The hangers will be direct replacements and use the nice factory rubber hangers, hangers are also all 304 grade stainless. This system will out last the life of the truck, 304 does rot/rust. I have systems on cars that are over 20 years old.

IMG_0545.jpg
Thank you!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.