Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to the dealership today and tested the seats and interior of the Bronco sport. It was pretty underwhelming and tight. Specifically the width in the driver legroom was quite narrow and my right knee didn't really have any room to the side. I am just 6' tall but 260 pounds. If both have the same dimensions, I am afraid it will be difficult for me to have a comfortable seat position in the Maverick. I really hope Maverick is a little wider in the leg area. Is there anyone here who has compared the interior of both cars and can comment on that?

Thanks!
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a Bronco Sport and I think the seats are really comfortable, I'm 6' tall but about 80 pounds lighter so our experiences might be a little different. Haven't sat in a Maverick yet..heck I haven't even seen one.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I canā€™t even find a Bronco Sport around me to compare but I wouldnā€™t be helpful to you. Iā€™m in the camp of ā€œnot over 6ā€™4ā€ groupā€ that seems to be the only people to review.

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Bronco Sport and I think the seats are really comfortable, I'm 6' tall but about 80 pounds lighter so our experiences might be a little different. Haven't sat in a Maverick yet..heck I haven't even seen one.
Seats were not that bad, but the legroom to the side was very tight. Again, might be the fault my crazy BMI:LOL:

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I see how cramped this guy (who is by the way one of the best truck testers in the internet) sits in the Maverick, I am afraid my impression from today were not that off and the Maverick interior has almost the same dimension as the Bronco Sport.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I see how cramped this guy (who is by the way one of the best truck testers in the internet) sits in the Maverick, I am afraid my impression from today were not that off and the Maverick interior has almost the same dimension as the Bronco Sport.

6ā€™2ā€, not to be mean but probably 250-275. And fits in the back, for a short drive comfortably at least.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am 6ft 265lbs and the Maverick fit me just fine. Ive sat in 3 of them.

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am 6ft 265lbs and the Maverick fit me just fine. Ive sat in 3 of them.
That is great news, thank you my friend! We are more or less the same size, so I hope I will feel the same. The Bronco Sport experience was just pretty discouraging so hope Maverick is a little bit bigger.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is a small vehicle

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I drove a Sport... Didn't notice any leg room problem... But I'm 5'9 and at the time 229lbs now 209 so it should fit even better now :)

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm almost 6' and I was fin in the bronco sport in front and back. The one thing I had a problem with the seat could not be adjusted up or down. So it felt like I was looking straight down the hood. That's one reason I went with the lux package to get the 8-way power seat hope it will help. Haven't been able to sit in a Maverick yet šŸ˜¢
Sponsored