First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I watched this video mainly to get views of the Yakima setup on their Maverick. I decided I needed some screenshots to determine if it was the setup I was looking for. I wish it were a few inches shorter.
Ford Maverick Ford AWD / 4WD Explained: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport vs. Maverick Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.52.58 AM
Ford Maverick Ford AWD / 4WD Explained: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport vs. Maverick Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.53.54 AM
Ford Maverick Ford AWD / 4WD Explained: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport vs. Maverick Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.54.13 AM
Ford Maverick Ford AWD / 4WD Explained: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport vs. Maverick Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.54.48 AM
Ford Maverick Ford AWD / 4WD Explained: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport vs. Maverick Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.55.20 AM

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Biggest issue I had with basic AWD systems like the Honda element is that I could not get all 4 wheels to engage while in reverse - Not sure what the Maverick AWD will do in reverse.

Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Biggest issue I had with basic AWD systems like the Honda element is that I could not get all 4 wheels to engage while in reverse - Not sure what the Maverick AWD will do in reverse.
This probably going to take things off course however.
My jeep Patriot is a FWD 4x4. It turns out that even the vehicle is not in 4x4 mode there still is power to the rear wheels. In 4x4 mode it becomes more like a 70% front 30% rear 4x4 system. The drive system works in any direction. Not working in reverse is a little weird. There have been times when fishing I had my front wheels in sand and had to rely on the rear wheels to pull the vehicle out of the sand. Not having the rear wheels work could become very inconvenient.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This probably going to take things off course however.
My jeep Patriot is a FWD 4x4. It turns out that even the vehicle is not in 4x4 mode there still is power to the rear wheels. In 4x4 mode it becomes more like a 70% front 30% rear 4x4 system. The drive system works in any direction. Not working in reverse is a little weird. There have been times when fishing I had my front wheels in sand and had to rely on the rear wheels to pull the vehicle out of the sand. Not having the rear wheels work could become very inconvenient.
I have heard tire scrub in reverse with everything locked in my Tremor.
Sponsored