First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One last question are these 1.4” lugs long enough?
Sorry this is all new to me. Thanks!

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick 95C2ABB7-41B7-42B9-B175-4CC69BF090C7
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you sir. Very helpful indeed. I’ll post some pics if and when my ‘23 gets built and delivered in the next couple months ( hopefully- have a VIN).
I have these BS optional alloy wheels waiting.

60C4D344-145D-4041-8C02-9F359F10DAEB.jpeg
That's a good looking wheel. Aluminum "steelies", who'd a thunk?

HRG

Reactions: HTX

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

95C2ABB7-41B7-42B9-B175-4CC69BF090C7.png
Yes considering that's what I'm using. Also, I don't recommend buying any auto parts from Amazon. Amazon is full of counterfeit products, you really have no idea how bad it is there because they have terrible checks and balances due to the quantity they're moving. Personally I wouldn't want to risk running counterfeit lugnuts. Spend the extra cash and buy from a reputable source. If you have any doubts search on youtube about counterfeit auto parts being sold on Amazon and it's really hard to tell the counterfeit products from the real ones based on packaging but who knows what kind of quality you're getting. Buy plenty of stuff from Amazon but I personally don't suggest buying any auto parts there or on ebay.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you sir. I was not aware!
I appreciate this community and have learned a lot. Trying to give back where I can too. Take care.

Sponsored

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

95C2ABB7-41B7-42B9-B175-4CC69BF090C7.png

Yes to what NoVaJimmy stated about Amazon and eBay as well about counterfeit ones.
Gorrila told me this exact thing. They have authorized sellers. You can call their tech support for information

Reactions: HTX

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes considering that's what I'm using. Also, I don't recommend buying any auto parts from Amazon. Amazon is full of counterfeit products, you really have no idea how bad it is there because they have terrible checks and balances due to the quantity they're moving. Personally I wouldn't want to risk running counterfeit lugnuts. Spend the extra cash and buy from a reputable source. If you have any doubts search on youtube about counterfeit auto parts being sold on Amazon and it's really hard to tell the counterfeit products from the real ones based on packaging but who knows what kind of quality you're getting. Buy plenty of stuff from Amazon but I personally don't suggest buying any auto parts there or on ebay.

Yep, to include fake Motorcraft oil filters, etc......

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes to what NoVaJimmy stated about Amazon and eBay as well about counterfeit ones.
Gorrila told me this exact thing. They have authorized sellers. You can call their tech support for information
Interesting that Amazon does not list these for sale with Amazon as the "seller", only as a 3rd-party supplier.

HRG

maverick207

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all, I'm a long time watcher of the forum and wanted to give some input here.

I have Bronco Sport Big Bend rims installed on my XL Maverick. I am running the factory lugs from the XL steelies.

Having heard people's concerns on here I wanted to make sure everything was alright with the lugs on this setup. I went ahead and took some measurements of the lug nut and the tapered seat in the Bronco wheel bore, and modeled simplified versions of both in CAD using those measurements in order to visualize how they interact.

Blue = Lug nut
Red = Tapered bore in the wheel

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick Lug Nut Assembly
Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick Lug Nut assy

In the screengrab below you can see that when the lug is installed into the bore, the front end of the lug doesn't make it all the way to the end of the tapered part of the bore. It is actually ~1mm from the end (0.959mm with my approximated measurements). On the steelies, this part of the lug actually makes it past the taper, and protrudes into the straight part of the bore. I am not sure if this is necessary for safe mounting, but it is a difference I notice between the two rims (Maverick steelie vs Bronco sport big bend).

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick Screenshot 2023-02-02 130824

Zooming in further, you can see the spot where the radius on the end of the lug would interact with the bore. Under no torque, everything is flush and the tapers are aligned.

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick In Alignment - Detail View

Once some torque is applied, there *may* be some yielding of the materials and the blue lug nut may press into the tapered bore slightly as shown in the image below. This would explain the "rings" people have been seeing in the tapered seat of their Bronco Sport wheels after installing them on a Maverick. It is likely because a 14mm lug nut (Maverick size) is being used, and the end of that lug doesn't fit beyond the end of the taper, like the end of a 12mm lug (Bronco Sport size) likely would. It does not necessarily mean that the lug and wheel seat are not making full contact along the taper.

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick Torqued - Detail View

Whether this is a problem, or has any implications of the safety of the setup, I am not sure. But, wanted to provide some visuals for those wondering what's going on inside their setups.

Last edited:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no need for the lug nut to bottom out in the wheel stud bore. If they did bottom out it could prevent full contact and torque being spread through the wheel’s and lug nut’s 60* mating surface.

The ‘rings’ on my Maverick lug nuts are simply their contact and bearing surfaces, they existed with my stock XLT wheels as they do with my BS-FE wheels.

Good luck

Sponsored

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like my bronco wheels.

8D75F59A-8A19-4F64-9067-F59D599023A7.jpeg
Are your wheels black or grey? With that shadow im unsure. I have a iconic silver mav and am curious on how they would look and they are nice but I cant tell the color for sure. LOL

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a set and weighed one at an office depot.
it clocked in just under 21 lbs.

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport factory wheels / rims installed on 2022 Maverick IMG_5552
Sponsored