Sponsored

Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just comparing Bronco Sport packages and ran across this option on the top of the line Badlands model. It surprised me but as a Maverick XL owner, the Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel looks good with the carbonized gray paint. Oh I know they are aluminum, but look very much like the XL steelies. Shoot if there are any Bronco Sport owners want to swap even for my XL steelies, just let me know.

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 1653080166884

WHEELS
  • Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 1653080166884

17" Carbonized Gray-painted Aluminum Wheels
    Standard on Badlandsā„¢ model with 225/65 R17 All-Terrain Tires.

Add
  • Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 1653080166884

17" Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel
    Available on Badlandsā„¢ model with 235/65 R17 All-Terrain Off-Road Tires.
    $825 S4
    Selected
Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve had the same thought if I end up with an XL. Would look great. Hereā€™s an example of one of the members here (sorry forgot who posted this originally).
Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 87FA4727-5271-4A60-B65B-9360A3430E87

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve had the same thought if I end up with an XL. Would look great. Hereā€™s an example of one of the members here (sorry forgot who posted this originally).
Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel {filename}
Hey! Thatā€™s my ride!

The one minor annoyance with the Bronco Sport wheels is finding a center cap to replace the ones that comes with the wheels. Iā€™m looking for something with ā€œFordā€ instead of the kicking horse. Yeah, a first world problem.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey! Thatā€™s my ride!

The one minor annoyance with the Bronco Sport wheels is finding a center cap to replace the ones that comes with the wheels. Iā€™m looking for something with ā€œFordā€ instead of the kicking horse. Yeah, a first world problem.
That really looks great. Iā€™m glad to finally see on done up with those wheels. I have an Area51 XL to be built and thought that these would be a great option.

Sponsored

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That really looks great. Iā€™m glad to finally see on done up with those wheels. I have an Area51 XL to be built and thought that these would be a great option.
The carbonized gray will look great with the Area 51, or silver, black, white, etc.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey! Thatā€™s my ride!

That issue is very easily solved. Measure the diameter of the inset in the center cap, then hit up evilbay. My Circuit performance Focus RS rims center caps were 65mm. I found nice slightly domed enamled aluminum glue on ford logo inserts, removed the aluminum CP logos from the center caps as shown it top of the pic leaving a flat chrome snap in center cap, and installed the ford ones on the snap in cap. Being that these were slightly domed and the center caps w the rims are flat, I used a small glob of Dow Corning DC732 clear silicone in the middle, and set them in place.

My ford logo centers ran me about $20 and came with matching blue ford logo valve stem caps that I gave to a ford/mopar buddy, since I made valve stem caps out of spent aluminum .40 caliber shell casings from the last time I went to the range. I think these make the rims appear like they could have been a stock optioned wheel upgrade

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 20220421_180334

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 20220411_201955

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel 20220331_143513

Last edited:

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey! Thatā€™s my ride!

@HiYoAu what lugs did you use for this? I think I finally located a set of take offs for my incoming ā€˜23 XL. Thanks for the help!

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@HTX I went with some M14x1.5, 1.5ā€ height. They seem to work, with sufficient height such that the lugs donā€™t bottom out in the nut.

i should have gone with Gorilla brand (I didnā€™t) as I am seeing some rust coming through the nicks in the chrome.

The lug nuts are 22mm, the lug wrench that comes in the Mav is 21mm so plan on getting a wrench to store in your truck.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@HTX I went with some M14x1.5, 1.5ā€ height. They seem to work, with sufficient height such that the lugs donā€™t bottom out in the nut.

i should have gone with Gorilla brand (I didnā€™t) as I am seeing some rust coming through the nicks in the chrome.

The lug nuts are 22mm, the lug wrench that comes in the Mav is 21mm so plan on getting a wrench to store in your truck.
Thank you! Appreciate the help and tips. Did you ever find center caps to replace the kicking horse?

could you just replace the 2ā€ center cap with a standard Ford one?

Like this is showing, but the Ford one found here.

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/26269/c96452-ford-explorer-oem-black-center-cap-6m2z1003c.html
Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel F02111C6-7D2C-4F4D-BD9E-222567C24C1B

Last edited:

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hereā€™s what I have on now. I did get some black Ford center caps, something like 2.1ā€ out of Amazon.

The cheapy lug nuts are now showing rust which is annoying. But I got what I paid for.

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel E92C5B73-4BCC-4C63-8F1E-8724F599616C

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hereā€™s what I have on now. I did get some black Ford center caps, something like 2.1ā€ out of Amazon.

The cheapy lug nuts are now showing rust which is annoying. But I got what I paid for.

Ford Maverick Bronco Sport $825 wheel option -- Carbonized Gray-Painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheel {filename}
Yet still, that is one good looking wheel and since it's aluminum, it's lighter than the steelies. I Love it.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Exactly what I had in mind. Nice!
Sponsored