Sponsored

Bought a XL and I think I'm feeling bad about it.

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have an XL Hybrid that's about as base model as you can get and i love it!

no offense to the fancy XLT/Lariat owners as I didn't need anything more than the base but I laugh when I see what they paid vs. what I paid

Blue ox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my lil giddy-up , every where I go people come up and say thatā€™s cool . Velocity blue looks great. The hybrid is so fun. After driving my ol Chevy luv for 20 years. This is a great new friend.

Ford Maverick Bought a XL and I think I'm feeling bad about it. A4CFAC55-7607-4DE1-9A16-D54E47E8BA5D

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought an XL because of the steelies!

Ford Maverick Bought a XL and I think I'm feeling bad about it. 33F1D5EC-87C1-4A3F-A555-A0848706D696

Love the steelies.
Embrace the steelies.
Become the steelies.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Hey OP I wouldn't feel to bad about it. You got a good truck that's new and hot right now. Enjoy it for what it is and if in a year or so you still feel this way you can always sell it and find something new.

Also this might seem like little consolation but at least you didn't have to pay $1600 extra for the interior like the XLT BAP guys did.

Last edited:

Whorfff

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick , Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys. There was some time I was after a Maverick but here in NJ there are no vehicles available and it seems there won't be for some time.

It happens I needed a (second) car out of the blue because my wife found another job which is further from home, which lead us to purchase another car.

So that was my clue to have my Maverick.

Drove one hour to PA to find a black XL Ecoboost FWD - which was everything they had - and I bought it. (eve though I had to pay an extra for it)

Now after driving and feeling it - I say I really enjoy driving the car it but I feel terrible bad about buying a trim-version so basic - kinda ashamed.

I look at that truck and think If I should try buying new wheels or something else to make it look nicer but I'm not sure about putting money on top of a XL.

What do you guys think?

75e4c9fa-6004-415f-8ee4-2f3849883c77.jpeg
Ford Maverick Bought a XL and I think I'm feeling bad about it. D3DCF196-F679-466A-8B3E-5BA9EBB7B7D0

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is a good value you can upgrade as time goes by or leave it alone. I got mine the same way you did someone backed out. My neighbor added cruise control, power tailgate lock, different wheels and other stuff. I have read where owners have upgraded the radio, power heated seated. Mine has co-pilot 360 which I like with the adaptive cruise control. I believe you can add all of these features. Read the forums. You have a nice truck enjoy

Sponsored

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While my Lariat Lux is on order for checking off my ā€œblue Ford Lariatā€ bucket list item, to be honest I love the look and honesty of the XL. The steelies are the best.

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome. Iā€™m seriously making a poster with those words at work tomorrow. Lol
That would be amazing! Iā€™d love to see thisā€¦

OP
OP

maunissan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to say just for now - how much I appreciate what you guys said to me. I''m feeling so much better (and a lot silly about feeling bad with my XL.) and enjoying my XL a lot more too.

This is better than therapy. TY folks!