Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 mach1
Engine
Undecided
Reply from Blue Ox-
Thank you for contacting Blue Ox.

We are working with a customer to do a fit in the next few weeks. We are hoping to be able to design a baseplate but due to available frame attachment points we are not sure we will be able to come up with a baseplate that will meet our FEA safety testing.

Thanks,
Rebekah

I will be selling my Maverick Hybrid if I cannot flat tow. Without the tow hooks there is no place to attach to the frame.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reply from Blue Ox-

We are working with a customer to do a fit in the next few weeks. We are hoping to be able to design a baseplate but due to available frame attachment points we are not sure we will be able to come up with a baseplate that will meet our FEA safety testing.

Thanks,
Rebekah

I will be selling my Maverick Hybrid if I cannot flat tow. Without the tow hooks there is no place to attach to the frame.
What mav did you get? I might know someone who needs one!

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reply from Blue Ox-

Thanks,
Rebekah

There is a discussion elsewhere in the forums about flat towing a hybrid. Maybe it will help you.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/flat-towing.752/#post-173804

jntdean1

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Reply from Blue Ox-

Thanks,
Rebekah

Roadmaster has already fabricated a baseplate and is doing a final fitti g next week with it. I emailed them today and that told me this:

Morning –

We do have a baseplate in the design process. Should have posted on our website in seven weeks. Thanks

Regards,

Glenda Apple

Roadmaster

800.669.9690 ext. 104

[email protected]

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have to wonder about that as Blue Ox has “safely” found attachment points to the frame on the Ford Escape hybrid.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roadmaster is using two to fine tune their baseplate. The first went up the first week of Jan and my hybrid starts the week long prototype process on Mon Jan 31. Pics to follow.

Bentley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jayco Melbourne , ‘12 BMW Z4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roadmaster is using two to fine tune their baseplate. The first went up the first week of Jan and my hybrid starts the week long prototype process on Mon Jan 31. Pics to follow.
I too plan to tow my hybrid (assuming I‘m still living by the time it’s delivered) behind my class C. Thanks for assisting Roadmaster. Looking forward to seeing the final setup.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted a new thread for this as my truck was the second and final truck in Roadmaster’s prototype process, and it was completed on 2/4/22. New pics of the actual production version. Search for:
Ready to flat tow your Maverick hybrid behind your motorhome?

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What mav did you get? I might know someone who needs one!
This is my favorite reply.

No pity party. Just "Hey, you gonna sell that Mav?"

Fantastic! 😀

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Blue Ox base plate for Hybrid in the works 852E2063-81DC-4712-B5A0-4E029519C606
Ford Maverick Blue Ox base plate for Hybrid in the works 0C61E1B0-4854-46F3-AFF3-E68D8008BC3D
Ford Maverick Blue Ox base plate for Hybrid in the works CA59910E-3A5B-41A7-B3D1-798B105C2DF6
Ford Maverick Blue Ox base plate for Hybrid in the works 16780206-8527-400D-974F-D8AA3FAF9D90
Ford Maverick Blue Ox base plate for Hybrid in the works C73F93DE-CA7E-41E9-BBAB-470C9EA23EB0

Sponsored

Bigpapa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford motorhome
Hi new to group. Don’t know how it works lol. Anyway where did you have this done? I ordered a first edition hybrid about the last day they took orders. Hoping I will get before June have a big trip planed. Are you in Mesa AZ? I’m actually going to be there in a couple weeks.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reply from Blue Ox-

Thanks,
Rebekah

I believe Road Master has it figured out.

mikeh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear that one is coming, this is one of the reasons I purchased my Hybrid, I hope its a DYI bolt on, I like the pictures of the frontend of the truck with the baseplate.
Sponsored