Sponsored

Blind spot vehicle warning light

mylittleMAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tommy
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
63
Reaction score
76
Location
portland
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m seeing my blind spot light on the passenger side come on when there is no vehicle present. Not always, seems to be random. Works right about 80% of the time, but sometimes driving a two lane road it comes on for no apparent reason. Anyone else notice this?
I’m not sure if I should take it in to the dealer or not. 2025 Lariat .
Sponsored

 

rlbender01

2.0L EcoBoost
New member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Feb 28, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Jacksonville NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick XLT, 4K, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You say that it happens on two lane roads. Does it appear to happen if there is tall brush or trees on that side? May be sensing those.
 

lm126027

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
583
Reaction score
533
Location
Central MA
Vehicle(s)
2024 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I’m seeing my blind spot light on the passenger side come on when there is no vehicle present. Not always, seems to be random. Works right about 80% of the time, but sometimes driving a two lane road it comes on for no apparent reason. Anyone else notice this?
I’m not sure if I should take it in to the dealer or not. 2025 Lariat .
You pulling a trailer when it happens? Mav is suppose to delete that function when the trailer plug is plugged in, but that may be the issue if you are. My Edge often picked uo the trailer, and sometimes snowbanks. Lol
 

Gdannmav

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
May 17, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have not had this problem, but I had a bike rack and bikes on a trip recently and the driver's side warning would come on randomly once in a while. It was annoying and I wondered if there was a way to disable the warning light. Probably not.
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,644
Reaction score
15,739
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have not had this problem, but I had a bike rack and bikes on a trip recently and the driver's side warning would come on randomly once in a while. It was annoying and I wondered if there was a way to disable the warning light. Probably not.
Plugging in one of these 👇 test plugs. May disabled the BLIS system while you have your bike rack installed. Keeping the warning from going off. Unplug it when you take the bike rack off and everything will go back to normal

Ford Maverick Blind spot vehicle warning light 20260920_102825
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
61
Reaction score
65
Location
NE Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m seeing my blind spot light on the passenger side come on when there is no vehicle present. Not always, seems to be random. ...Anyone else notice this?
I’m not sure if I should take it in to the dealer or not. 2025 Lariat .
I've had that happen occasionally. Mostly in rainy weather. It's rare enough over the years that I'm not as concerned as I would be if it didn't work when it should. '22 XLT LUX Hybrid cp360.
 

Gdannmav

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
May 17, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plugging in one of these 👇 test plugs. May disabled the BLIS system while you have your bike rack installed. Keeping the warning from going off. Unplug it when you take the bike rack off and everything will go back to normal

20260920_102825.webp
Good tip thank you!
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,644
Reaction score
15,739
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good tip thank you!
No problem.🤝
All you can do is try. At least it's readily available and not a huge investment. Keep me updated if it works.
Good Luck,

GB

Dirt is blocking the Blis sensor you will get a message.

Ford Maverick Blind spot vehicle warning light Screenshot_2026-09-20-15-50-48-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12
 
Last edited:

tiktokbrainrot

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
379
Reaction score
797
Location
around
Vehicle(s)
91 F250, 20 GLI, 25 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Give your sensor a good scrubbing. It's likely picking up some dirt or other material that is reflecting the radar signal and makes it think there is a car there.

If there is anything growing next to the road, or fences, ece that can also set it off.

If everything is clear and after a cleaning it still goes off randomly, have the dealer look at it. It may need recalibration.
 
OP
OP
mylittleMAV

mylittleMAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tommy
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
63
Reaction score
76
Location
portland
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You say that it happens on two lane roads. Does it appear to happen if there is tall brush or trees on that side? May be sensing those.
Yes it does happen by tall trees!

You pulling a trailer when it happens? Mav is suppose to delete that function when the trailer plug is plugged in, but that may be the issue if you are. My Edge often picked uo the trailer, and sometimes snowbanks. Lol
No I never have pulled a trailer.
 

Dave O

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Threads
33
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
2,362
Location
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD Hybrid, 2025 Subaru Forester, 04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Weird stuff happens when going through car automatic washes….
Sponsored

 
 







Top