Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You did if you put a real lift and significantly larger tires on and wanted decent performance. I did it with an Explorer. 4" suspension lift with 33" tires and changed the gears
Absolutely if compensating for taller tires to retain performance, but to simply correct the speedometer error all that's needed is swapping the driven gear on the speedometer cable that goes into the side of the transmission..

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the old days we always changed the gears in our pumpkins when changing to a tire 1-2” or taller.

This was no-brainer common knowledge.
Wanna play? You gotta pay.

Never was worth it unless you got a substantially taller tire that offered at least a couple more inches of clearance under the diffs, otherwise you were just a poser.
As I understand it. There is a sensor that counts the revolutions of the wheel by counting the times the TPMS passes then calculates speed using the number of rotations per mile for the tire as recorded in a data table. All that is needed is to update the data table to reflect the installed tire. The new to come TPMS, I read will be mounted in a pocket on the inside of tire itself and will report pressure, temperature, remaining tread depth (will allow for rotation/replacement recommendations to be displayed) plus who knows what else. If installed by tire manufacturer all necessary updates including batteries and sensor replacement will happen with new tire purchase. I see price increase for tires as well as resistance from buyers

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is so much misinformation in this thread that a certain Cheetos advisory team would have a wet dream just glancing at it. We need some snopes up in here.
Sponsored