First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Promaster 136 WB HR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m about to pull the trigger on ordering a Rackit. The weight of the aluminum is attractive, but it has an extra support bar in the middle of the bed that is not quick to remove. The price through my local dealer is identical. Will update as things change.
Let us a know what way you go. Take some photos when you get it.
Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heads up, I was informed by my local rack-it dealer today that deliveries are 18-20 weeks out.

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know of a tonneau cover that works with the Rack-it?

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know of a tonneau cover that works with the Rack-it?
Rack-it has a model don't know if they have made one for maverick but they can make it to fit as they have measurements. One can actually fit over a bed cap. They put a wide enough flat over the bed rail and the vertical supports sit on top of the flat which hangs over the outside edge of the bed rail a distance equal the diameter of the vertical pipe. Not real pretty but works. Have not seen the one for the roll-up tonneau but it probably doesn't hang over as far as the one for the cap and has an inch or more flat for the tonneau to lay on. They appear to have all the designs in computer and can custom cut and make each rack to order, probably multiple groups at a time if orders are there.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you tell me how they mounted it to the bed? Looks like there's no holes on the top.
Watch the video you can watch portions a frame at a time. They have angle iron that turns down inside the bet rail. Probably clamped or bolted.. they also have three or four tie down brackets welded inside bed. I put a harbor freight kit similar on a Nissan that had the aluminum bed channels in it. I bought unistrut 90° 1x1.5" angle brackets bolted to the strut channel and then dropped grade 8 bolts through the angles and pipes that HF had for their ugly J bolts. Worked really well. The maverick channels are recessed more than the Nissan so washer would be needed to hold the angle out so the bolt would pass through. Sorry I cannot find the picture but I could get my son to take another

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rack-it has a model don't know if they have made one for maverick but they can make it to fit as they have measurements. One can actually fit over a bed cap. They put a wide enough flat over the bed rail and the vertical supports sit on top of the flat which hangs over the outside edge of the bed rail a distance equal the diameter of the vertical pipe. Not real pretty but works. Have not seen the one for the roll-up tonneau but it probably doesn't hang over as far as the one for the cap and has an inch or more flat for the tonneau to lay on. They appear to have all the designs in computer and can custom cut and make each rack to order, probably multiple groups at a time if orders are there.
I believe you're referring to Rack-it's 3000 series camper shell rack which allows for the topper and is pictured in this post. I asked support and apparently they don't offer it for the Maverick sadly. Also, I didn't see it posted but they have a special page for the Maverick now: https://rackitinc.com/pages/ford-maverick

I bought unistrut 90° 1x1.5" angle brackets bolted to the strut channel and then dropped grade 8 bolts through the angles and pipes that HF had for their ugly J bolts. Worked really well. The maverick channels are recessed more than the Nissan so washer would be needed to hold the angle out so the bolt would pass through. Sorry I cannot find the picture but I could get my son to take another
Appreciate you taking the time to reply. I sure like this rack but want to find a way to make a tonneau fit. Haven't seen one of these racks in person mounted so I'm trying to glean how exactly it would go together and what would prevent a tonneau from working. Also don't have the truck yet so it's doubly difficult to visualize at this point.

As long as the angle iron on the rack isn't too thick, I think I might be able to get some in-bed tonneaus to fit as long as I use a thinner gasket than what comes with the tonneau to make up for the difference. Worst case I have something custom made I figure (Truxedo Low-pro custom?).

If the rack bolts horizontally from the inside of the bed with the standard Rack-it #1019.3 design, then I would have to make sure the bolt heads are as flush as possible or the angle iron is bolted low enough that it wouldn't interfere with some of the tonneau designs. On the other hand, if it bolts from the top down through the plastic, I like your idea of using unistrut angles appropriately spaced. Either way, both the truck and the rack are on order so we'll see how it all turns out ;)

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got a similar rack and tonneau for sale in the marketplace.
Looks great and a fair price. Also a nice touch that you can remove the rear bar for taller items like the Rack-it. Does it attach with flat bar or angled steel? I'm assuming flat to not interfere with the tonneau?

Sponsored

Kottonwood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great and a fair price. Also a nice touch that you can remove the rear bar for taller items like the Rack-it. Does it attach with flat bar or angled steel? I'm assuming flat to not interfere with the tonneau?
Yes, it mounted with flatbar. As far as I know the rack it mounts with angle, which is what prevents it from being usable with a tonneau cover. That is pretty much the reason I built my own. I could have of course bought the rack it and modified it, but that wouldn't have been worth it.

udontknowjack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine yesterday they had one in stock. Installed today! 😏

Frick

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corvette, 12 Kia Soul, 06 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem with any rack that mounts on the bed rails is, they eventually break them apart as they are so thin.

My Maverick is in today, and I am designing a non bed mounted system.

Found this thread just for ideas, I'll start a new thread as I progress.
Sponsored