Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all, I got lucky and managed to get my hands on a blackout XLT and didn't get totally robbed by the dealer mark-ups. only had to wait 2 months.

only option missing was the spray-in liner, easy fix.

I'm looking for a very good hard rolling tonneau cover.

Anybody have experience with the Ford covers vs the Truxedo Sentry?
Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford one is basically the Bak X4S if I recall correctly. Both Bak and the Sentry line are good quality. I went with the Sentry CT bc at the time I had seen more people reporting fitment issues with the Bak model.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the BAK X4S, love it.

The Sentry CT is held down on the sides with Velcro, so after you unroll it you have run your hand down the side to fully secure it. It sits a little higher above the bed as well. The top material is canvas, which some really like.

Unless you plan to use the flip out bed extender, get the BAK. IMO

Any bed cover will need some adjusting to get the best fit. If you get the BAK, I recommend also getting a tailgate seal.

BTW - there are many threads about covers in this forum, if you want more input from others.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I Managed a truck accessory store for years, the Sentry CT is a great cover.

Sponsored

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the BAK X4S, love it.

The Sentry CT is held down on the sides with Velcro, so after you unroll it you have run your hand down the side to fully secure it. It sits a little higher above the bed as well. The top material is canvas, which some really like.

Unless you plan to use the flip out bed extender, get the BAK. IMO

Any bed cover will need some adjusting to get the best fit. If you get the BAK, I recommend also getting a tailgate seal.

BTW - there are many threads about covers in this forum, if you want more input from others.
Take a look at the rolling lock, i have one on my wifes mavrick and one on my F150. Love themboth.

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do yourself a favor and get the Sentry Ct. I went with the Bak first and they don't fit worth a shit. If you do even a little research on here you will find tons of fitment issues and leaking. Also all the posts you see about the Ford brand covers being to short they are just rebranded Bak covers.

Srp166

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick encore
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My BAK X4s fits perfectly, don't think I would like the Velcro sides. Very satisfied with mine.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do yourself a favor and get the Sentry Ct. I went with the Bak first and they don't fit worth a shit. If you do even a little research on here you will find tons of fitment issues and leaking. Also all the posts you see about the Ford brand covers being to short they are just rebranded Bak covers.
Some early ones had rail length issues. Got mine in July and it fit well.

Those reviews is why I originally tried the Truxedo Pro X15. That one didn’t work for me, so decided to try the BAK, so glad I did.

Last edited:

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My BAK X4s fits perfectly, don't think I would like the Velcro sides. Very satisfied with mine.
I original had the Truxedo Pro X15, which is the soft roll up. Got it because a friend had one like it on his F150. I did not like having to stretch and seal the Velcro. But at least with the Sentry there is no stretching needed to make it tight, just have to seal the Velcro.
However, based on my X15 experience, I knew I’d hate doing it. With the Sentry and BAK are similarly priced, and I had no need for a bed extender, the BAK was for me.

Sponsored

Blueskies

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all, I got lucky and managed to get my hands on a blackout XLT and didn't get totally robbed by the dealer mark-ups. only had to wait 2 months.

I have the Ford roll up . I like it except my felt detached when we had a few hot days and the felt folded over itself

OP
OP
Jasdc

Jasdc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any issues with water leaking issues with the Ford tonneau cover? I live in Seattle area and

Nameless

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love my ford hard rolling cover. Got it from the ford accessory website, shipping took 3 days. Installation was easy, and it works with a bed extender.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have an X4S and I have no issues with the fitment or quality. I did have one of the corner caps cracked somehow, but I emailed their customer support and they sent me multiple replacements for both sides as spares without any issues.

I think the trick to getting them fit just right for water resistance is not to set the tonneau cover all the way up against the cabin window - that would leave a large gap at the tailgate side. Adding weather stripping on the tailgate would also probably help with water ingress, too.

The Truxedo I skipped on mainly because of the velcro. I didn't want to deal with peeling velcro every time I roll up the tonneau, and the X4S locks up very smoothly without any velcro fastening.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Ford tri-fold and I find the latches at the tailgate very difficult for a petite woman. I’m still looking for the best one for my 23.
Sponsored