Sponsored

Bedrug? Anyone else heard of these bedliners or had experience with them?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a utility mat from Home Depot and made pretty much the same thing for $30-40
PXL_20220612_004413852.jpg
I like this! What's the cushioning level for our poor knees? Do the mats stay put by themselves or did you need to secure in some way? Suggestion: Install a mat on the tailgate, too.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got an indoor/outdoor piece of carpet from Home Depot for $20 and cut it to size. Works great. Easy to remove if I have anything rough or dirty.
I did the same. Inexpensive, different colors, easy to cut and fit. but the drawback is not much cushioning. Perhaps you're knees are younger.

Update: After several weeks of using the indoor/outdoor carpet, I went ahead and got the padded bed rug. Used some Ford points. Absolutely no regrets. Super tough, easy on the knees, and gives protection to sensitive items. That said, I sometimes use the old carpet to cover the new one against damage . . . how anal is that?

Last edited:

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did the same. Inexpensive, different colors, easy to cut and fit. but the drawback is not much cushioning. Perhaps you're knees are younger.
Lol... These knees are 67 years old. Still much better than battering them against the spray in bed liner.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the Bed Rug and love it. What DIY'ers may miss is: the Bed Rug is not flat, it has "anti ridges" to fill in all the ridges in your truck bed so you get a perfectly flat floor, padded, that will hold heavy weight like furniture. I've only had it one month but love it. Looks great too.
It should not fly out if you install following the directions.
Came with about 150 square inches of velcro. The velcro on the mat is sewn in. The stick on one for the truck you need to clean with alcohol pads first then use the extra adhesive prep pads (provided) to make the velcro just short of permanent.

Love it. Recommend it. But only a month old at this point.
Ford Maverick Bedrug?  Anyone else heard of these bedliners or had experience with them? 4C25D0F3-1886-4DD2-A3B3-AB9F9D67DFB0

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol... These knees are 67 years old. Still much better than battering them against the spray in bed liner.
Absolutely. I put in the indoor/outdoor as temporary solution until I could put in something with more cushion whether a hack of ready mades or the custom look of bedrug.

Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lots of great options. Now the hard part will be deciding what one I want to do.

No matter what I pick I will add some 2x4 or 2x6 dividers wrapped in carpet.

Reactions: Dad

wblynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yeah, I forgot about the bed rug getting sucked right out of the truck above 70 mpg. Almost landed on the car behind me. Not fun trying to retrieve it from the freeway at midnight.

Use lots and lots of Velcro. After a couple of years the Velcro strips rot out and let go of the sheet metal.

Like I said, bedrug is wonderful in a covered bed but in an open bed the thing will rot out. The backing will crumble, the Velcro will fail and the material will stain in weird ways. Mine lasted two years. I finally took it out after three years.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@wblynch did you ever drive around WITHOUT the bedrug attached in those first 3 years? Sunlight will kill the adhesive quickly I'd expect. 100% covered 100% of the time I would expect more than 3 years.

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

wblynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@wblynch did you ever drive around WITHOUT the bedrug attached in those first 3 years? Sunlight will kill the adhesive quickly I'd expect. 100% covered 100% of the time I would expect more than 3 years.
No. Once I put it in it stayed in … until it didn’t. Just letting you guys know it doesn’t do well exposed to weather. with a tonneau or shell you’ll be fine.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here's a hack for the Mav: we have those in bed D-rings. That should help anchor the corners at least. You got me thinking. I'll post photos later with what I come up with.

Also wood dividers in the bed pockets.

🤔

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
$50.00 at Tractor Supply. 4'X6' horse stall mat. I got this because, if I have to crawl around in the bed, it provides a 3/4" cushion for my bad knees. It is a very hard to cut (I cut it with a jigsaw), but is heavy enough that even without the tonneau cover, I don't believe it will fly out. Also, I recommend help getting it into your truck (it is very heavy).

Maverick bedmat.JPG
Looks great. How is the piece attached to the tailgate?

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great. How is the piece attached to the tailgate?
It's not attached. I just put it there to show where it will go if I ever have to haul something with the tailgate open. Most of the time, that piece just sits on my carport floor. I just throw it in the back if I think I will need it.