Sponsored

Bedrail Profile for Rack?

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Anybody have a photo or detail of the bedrail profile? Hope it will accept standard TracRac rack clamps. What's a truck without a rack!
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Let me know if you find one, I've been searching for it myself.

OP
OP
KGillies

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been leery from what I've seen and it doesn't look real hopeful from this video: . With the super short bed, it's even more important to be able to tote around all the stuff of life. I hate to have to drill down through that brand new very clean top, but... the rack's gonna win out. I've used TracRacs on the last several pickups; they are great and I like being able to take the back half of the rack off in order to move tall stuff. Haven't tried this low priced consumer version, but it'll probably serve the purpose: https://tinyurl.com/h7uw2umf. Let me know if you find anything better. I ordered a stripped base model a month before you and just got the build week of 9/20.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking for the same thing. I saw a Tacoma where the crossbars clamped to the c channel under the rail and just rested on top of the bed rails. I'm imagining a quick release crossbar mated with one on the cab roof. The rear one has to be removable for a variety of reasons as you mentioned. The one I saw was cantilevered far enough out to allow for a tonneau cover. Something I am not interested in. I ordered an XL like you and all I need is bombproof removable crossbars.

I like Mac's track rather than the C channel, but I would have to fabricate my own clamping system for sure.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtd-230048

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Itā€™s one of dem furrin places aka an EU address but they are claiming to have a Thue rack system already in place and available. One may presume if they can do it on one side of the pond, it can be available here. (That idealism has been proven wrong before and rememberā€¦ everything causes cancer, including nothing, in the Peopleā€™s Republic of California, including Al racks)

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Itā€™s one of dem furrin places aka an EU address but they are claiming to have a Thue rack system already in place and available. One may presume if they can do it on one side of the pond, it can be available here. (That idealism has been proven wrong before and rememberā€¦ everything causes cancer, including nothing, in the Peopleā€™s Republic of California, including Al racks)
But these ain't no merican kind of Maverick. These be the Britt type of Maverick SUV's

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
But these ain't no merican kind of Maverick. These be the Britt type of Maverick SUV's
Ah well never hurts the local tech school to get someone to help pay for a semester of welding classes

OP
OP
KGillies

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I didn't post the video for the side rail DIY (which I'll do) but to try to show the lack of lip on the bed rail. But thanks to Dlebert for the links to Mac's (nice!) and to rutroo for the Truxedo (nice rails). The Adarac racks look pretty sleek. Ford tonneau would be great but $$$. Probably just make one from 1/2" x 5' x 5' Baltic Birch and paint to match the truck.

And for the others, how about we stick to the technical aspects rather than the politics of something you don't know anything about...

Sponsored
OP
OP
KGillies

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had several of the TracRacs and they are excellent. This is a bargain for 800# capacity / lighter duty:

and looking at this video

about the 6:25 mark you can see that the bedrail clearance is REALLY right... They might have blown it on this for universal racks in favor of OEM.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had several of the TracRacs and they are excellent. This is a bargain for 800# capacity / lighter duty:

and looking at this video

about the 6:25 mark you can see that the bedrail clearance is REALLY right... They might have blown it on this for universal racks in favor of OEM.
Only thing I was disappointed about was the roof height. Ford stated 68.7" but he measured about 66". šŸ˜”

eyeeatingfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I am currently trying to install the universal Tracrac. I cut 4.25" off the height so it isn't so far above the cab. I am currently having a little trouble because of the black plastic piece that goes over the top of the frame of the bed. The plastic piece has a small step on it and I don't think the metal underneath is entirely flat for the full width. I may just have to adjust it where it doesn't ride over the lip of the plastic but I don't know for sure yet. I will play with it more on Friday.
Sponsored