First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can I beam a smartphone map app from my phone to the Sync screen?

I've tried: connect via USB, phone is recognized by Sync, I goto Apps in Sync, search for new apps, get a pop-up on my Android that says "no compatible apps" and a link to https://smartdevicelink.com/. That URL doesn't get me anywhere. It's just a description of standards that Ford uses.

Where is a list of compatible apps?

Some dealers list apps but none are the same list, and all Ford's website says is "Download a SYNC AppLink compatible mobile app": https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ccess-mobile-applications-using-sync-applink/

I'd like to beam CoPilot or Gaia maps to the Sync screen. I do NOT like Google Maps.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have an XLT trim I donā€™t believe you have sync 3. If Iā€™m not wrong, only the Lariat Lux has sync 3.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have an XLT trim U donā€™t believe you have sync 3. If Iā€™m not wrong, only the Lariat Lux has sync 3.
Lariat Luxury Package is needed for Sync 3. Otherwise, not sure you have access to SYNC AppLink.

You do have the ability to use Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay).

OP
OP
vap0rtranz

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang! I was afraid that would be the answer.

Now I see a thread or 2 about getting the Lariat infotainment modules into XLT/XLs. That may be the only way.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Now I see a thread or 2 about getting the Lariat infotainment modules into XLT/XLs. That may be the only way.
What app are you using where you can't get it up through Apple Carplay or Android Auto?

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I don't think Sync makes a difference. You need an app that runs on Android Auto, or you can get one of the box modules that runs android and will let you install whatever apps.

https://www.dualav.com/navigation-apps/

It doesn't look like Co pilot has integration ( I used this back in the day before reliable google/apple maps and when I drove where cell was spotty ).

Sync I believe allows certain companion apps to be installed directly on the head unit and just use bluetooth to the phone to run, but really I don't see the point as most would probably just run AA / Carplay wirelessly with a dongle.

OP
OP
vap0rtranz

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What app are you using where you can't get it up through Apple Carplay or Android Auto?
Co-pilot & Gaia.

The apps that do display via USB connected Android Auto are most of my music apps, like Spotify, which I don't need via Android Auto anyways because, well, it's just music; Bluetooth instead of Android Auto is fine for music apps.

OP
OP
vap0rtranz

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but really I don't see the point as most would probably just run AA / Carplay wirelessly with a dongle.
Ah, maybe I misunderstood the reasons to get a wireless dongle.

I thought everyone jumping on the wireless dongle was talking about never needing to plug their phone in to run Android Auto. I don't care about that for 2 reasons: a) I always charge my phone while driving so take it out of my pocket anyways, b) Android Auto still limits which apps it will display on the head unit. So I want to bypass (b) the list of apps.

It looks like there is a wireless dongle that will beam any app to the head unit display based on this thread last week: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...youtube-netflix-and-true-wireless-auto.22028/

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat with luxury package. How do you add SYNC 3 compatible apps? My iPhone is paired correctly with Bluetooth and also USB. Iā€™ve tried with USB and no luck. Ford no longer post their listing of SYNC 3 compatible apps per the chat representative. My Apple Car Play works fine, just trying to get apps like Google Maps and Waze into SYNC without having to use Car Play. The images are screenshots from the Ford chat representative

Ford Maverick beam map app to Sync screen? 1FE65124-4EEB-4116-AB86-E57F43D97DBC

Ford Maverick beam map app to Sync screen? DFAC0D01-B752-4F8E-A6AB-397DB90B1923
Sponsored