First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
With new and/or somewhat new audio update(s) going on, I've checked in the Maverick, but no updates available. Checking at Ford website for updates also didn't show available updates via the VIN. On the bottom of the page with states this:

Ford Maverick SYNC® 3 Navigation Map update... 1696463379075

I've looked up the updates for my Lariat at:

https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

After entering the VIN, the one time only map update is available for my Maverick, if the website is correct. It's either a 40 bucks for a USB stick, or a free, complementary download. Couple of questions....

Does that mean my Lariat has navigation? Admittedly, I haven't even checked it, the last time I used my iPhone for direction.

Is it worth for downloading this update to a USB stick?

Is there a time limit for downloading this update?

Thx...
Sponsored

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did this update on my road trip from south Texas to Orlando Florida. Took under an hour using 32gb 3.0 USB stick. No glitches nor got up lost using onboard GPS… I was very impressed comparing to WAZE and Apple Maps. I am confident that the onboard GPS is accurate.

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Thx jcast0311

I am in the process of downloading and will install it later. Let's hope that the installation will proceed via "accessory mode", instead of staring up the engine.

One side note...

Sync would not show me the modem's serial number, be that IMEI or MEID, in the configuration pages. On the other hand, the download page did show a modem related number, the ESN:

Ford Maverick SYNC® 3 Navigation Map update... 1696508413288

There are number of issues with the ESN. One is that ESN either eight digits hex number, or 11 digits decimal number.
Two, that the displayed eight digit ESN number starts with an alphabet character, that is not part of the hex numbers. And finally, the ESN had been subset by IMEI with 14 decimal characters circa mid/late 2000; the IMEI is slated to be replaced by MEID sometimes in the near future, if not already...

Not sure what to make out of this number...

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't think my 22 mav had navigation.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford added the navigation to the 23 model...the 22 model does not have it.

Sponsored

Nosrepmodnar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to get you where you want to go... as long as you know the address. The poi database seems to be very lacking. Looks like my maps are from fer 22, and says up to date. I don't know where you live but nevada is under constant construction and development.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the install but no noticeable difference. Time will tell.

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford' software update experience, what can I say? People say if you don't have good things to say, then...... I'll take the advice.

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I've got around to it and installed the navigation software, that took less than 15 minutes. The installation proceeded in accessory mode, did not need to run the engine. The chances are, if the installation did require it, I probably wouldn't have installed it.

With just a cursory look at the interface, it does seem cumbersome to use, but it's OK. It'll be used as a back up for my iPhone that has the advantage of better user interface and being familiar with it.
Thx all for your postings...

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going on a 4 day tour next week. The Nav will be on, BUT my Garmin will be in the back seat. The map update was FREE and easy. I, or my passenger, can change it while the vehicle is moving. I guess Ford never heard of passengers changing things (probably lawyer crap).
I had to go into the garage, then into the vehicle, then push the START button to preset my destinations. I preset the Garmin while watching TV sitting in my recliner.
The built in is like a cell phone, a nice toy, but I trust my Garmin. If it should fail, there BestBuy and WalMart stores on every corner. If the built in Nav breaks, just trade vehicles. It will be quicker and cheaper than fixing the one you have.

Sponsored

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm going on a 4 day tour next week. The Nav will be on, BUT my Garmin will be in the back seat. The map update was FREE and easy. I, or my passenger, can change it while the vehicle is moving. I guess Ford never heard of passengers changing things (probably lawyer crap).
I had to go into the garage, then into the vehicle, then push the START button to preset my destinations. I preset the Garmin while watching TV sitting in my recliner.
The built in is like a cell phone, a nice toy, but I trust my Garmin. If it should fail, there BestBuy and WalMart stores on every corner. If the built in Nav breaks, just trade vehicles. It will be quicker and cheaper than fixing the one you have.
Agreed! I would be lost without my Garmin! ;)

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I downloaded the update to a thumb drive. There are 3 files including 1 zip file. That took about 5 minutes. Installing the update took about 15 minutes. No major difference to the appearance but I'm hoping addresses etc. are updated. Still nothing beats Google Maps.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to get you where you want to go... as long as you know the address. The poi database seems to be very lacking. Looks like my maps are from fer 22, and says up to date. I don't know where you live but nevada is under constant construction and development.
Up to date means no more than you have the most recent release available even if it's three years old.
Sponsored