Base Model?

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
I'm a simple old man. I plan to order my Maverick this Friday and I think all I want is:
  • AWD base model (white) - which gives me turbo 2.0 engine
  • Steel wheels
  • Tow package (for the bigger radiator and receiver)
  • 110v outlet in the cab
and that's it.
Is this the right way to do this?
Will I wish I'd gone with more creature comfort items?
Sponsored

Romanhawk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1985 Celica GTS convertible
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on what the role of your vehicle is, Steve. I’m about to place an order for my 2nd Mav. First one was a fully loaded Lariat Hybrid, because of the commuting-on-highway role it will serve. Next one is an XL Ecoboost AWD for my daughter, because she works on farms and with animals. 2 totally different roles.

If the XL fits the bill, go for it! That’s where most of the true value is with this truck anyway!

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Get Silver over White. Still hides dirt well but doesn’t look like a work truck. You will appreciate that when you are looking for it in parking lots and when you go to sell/trade it.

OP
OP
WW Steve

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
Depends on what the role of your vehicle is, Steve. I’m about to place an order for my 2nd Mav. First one was a fully loaded Lariat Hybrid, because of the commuting-on-highway role it will serve. Next one is an XL Ecoboost AWD for my daughter, because she works on farms and with animals. 2 totally different roles.

If the XL fits the bill, go for it! That’s where most of the true value is with this truck anyway!
Yep, I just want a simple small truck.... more like farm truck than a commuter. Thanks

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Adding Co-pilot 360 will get you power outside mirrors. Rostra will have a cruise control kit soon. XL is the best overall value, IMO.

Sponsored

Romanhawk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1985 Celica GTS convertible
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard for me to suggest colors as they are so subjective, but I agree with the silver over white. I actually like the white just fine, but with the steelies is does scream work truck a bit.

OP
OP
WW Steve

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
Hard for me to suggest colors as they are so subjective, but I agree with the silver over white. I actually like the white just fine, but with the steelies is does scream work truck a bit.
Haha! Part of me says let it look like a work truck! I'm a retired IT guy but love to walk through home depot with stuff and act like I'm in the trades... maybe get a lumber rack and hang a water thermos off the back? Thanks - moving to the gray as recommended.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I just want a simple small truck.... more like farm truck than a commuter. Thanks
If that's what you want I think the XL will make you very happy as you specced it. Just aftermarket spray liner is all your missing imo. Even if you want cruise the rostra kit will be available. Def the value king for awd. For me getting the hybrid as a daily the extras that come with the xlt were worth the extra 2k.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Around here most white trucks with steelies are government trucks. I'd rather blend in looking like a government employee and cops won't even bother you.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Steel wheels
  • 110v outlet in the cab

That's my exact build (except black). The only thing I'm going to miss is cruise control because I do a lot of highway driving, but very few people seem to even use it so I suppose I'm in the minority there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WW Steve

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
  • Steel wheels
  • 110v outlet in the cab

That's my exact build (except black). The only thing I'm going to miss is cruise control because I do a lot of highway driving, but very few people seem to even use it so I suppose I'm in the minority there.
Glad to hear that others have gone this route. And if I mess the cruise control I look at after market as suggested above. And switching to Gray also as suggested above. Good advice all the way around - thanks

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a simple old man. I plan to order my Maverick this Friday and I think all I want is:
  • Steel wheels
  • 110v outlet in the cab
and that's it.
If that floats your boat, find a lake. I ordered an XL, 2.0, Velocity Blue, Co-Pilot, 120V Outlet, trailer hitch, bug screen (because I live in East Texas), spray in bed liner, and tonneau cover. Adding SiriusXM and cruise when I can.

Having had silver and gray trucks, the silver shows the dirt least and I considered it for Es Mio CamiĂłn. I probably built 100+ different versions on Ford's web site, but kept coming back to the XL. I'm thinking about painting the steelies gloss black with some very thin beauty rings maybe with red rim protectors to have a 60's retro look. I'm just tired of all the different kind of alloy wheels available today. Nothing stands out anymore like steelies of some kind. At least I can dream about being a high school harry again.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
  • Steel wheels
  • 110v outlet in the cab
and that's it.
My exact build except I went with Cactus Gray. My only complaint so far is not having cruise control. There is a thread of a company getting ready to release aftermarket cruise control that I am excited about.

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Steel wheels
  • 110v outlet in the cab
and that's it.
I would suggest thinking about a full size spare. only adds $115 to the build but you will appreciate having it if/when you need it.

its crazy that neither the 4K tow or the AWD package add it.

OP
OP
WW Steve

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
If that floats your boat, find a lake. I ordered an XL, 2.0, Velocity Blue, Co-Pilot, 120V Outlet, trailer hitch, bug screen (because I live in East Texas), spray in bed liner, and tonneau cover. Adding SiriusXM and cruise when I can.

Having had silver and gray trucks, the silver shows the dirt least and I considered it for Es Mio CamiĂłn. I probably built 100+ different versions on Ford's web site, but kept coming back to the XL. I'm thinking about painting the steelies gloss black with some very thin beauty rings maybe with red rim protectors to have a 60's retro look. I'm just tired of all the different kind of alloy wheels available today. Nothing stands out anymore like steelies of some kind. At least I can dream about being a high school harry again.
good! thanks - do you think the co-pilot is worth the cost?
And I agree with you on the alloy wheels - very boring these days. I miss my high school US slotted polished rims w/60 series T/As on my yellow, w/red pin strips El Camino! Car looked awesome in a world of steel wheels w/crappy hubcaps!
Sponsored