Base XL Build Times

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2021 VW ID.4
New to the boards, but spent many months on the F150 forums waiting on my 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost so I definitely understand the intricacies of the Ford pre-order process. I do not have a good idea on the Mavericks though. My sons 2011 Explorer just died (really my old Explorer I gave him) and he decided to order a Maverick XL base with no options (But the Hybrid) last week. I know the Hybrid is in short supply right now but as he ordered a base XL with no options that should move him up on weeks where other options are in short supply. Guessing this is still going to be a 3 to 4 month wait but any ideas on if he will see this truck before summer?
Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
There's a lot of baseless speculation and coping but in general it seems as though production will only increase as we go forward. I think the fewer the options the better in terms of actually getting it but the average joe really has no clue what is in short supply and what is not.

For all we know the steel wheels on the XL could be in short supply so the XLT gets out first or maybe the eCVT transmission needs a part fabbed that keeps failing QC.

I believe the last communication from Ford was that orders will start hitting customer hands in January. From what I've seen there's no rhyme or reason to why one is built before another. Sometimes it is a backorder option or sometimes it just seems like luck.

I just put an order in yesterday and I'm hoping to get it in feb-march but I consider that pretty optimistic. If it magically appears come January that's even better

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New to the boards, but spent many months on the F150 forums waiting on my 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost so I definitely understand the intricacies of the Ford pre-order process. I do not have a good idea on the Mavericks though. My sons 2011 Explorer just died (really my old Explorer I gave him) and he decided to order a Maverick XL base with no options (But the Hybrid) last week. I know the Hybrid is in short supply right now but as he ordered a base XL with no options that should move him up on weeks where other options are in short supply. Guessing this is still going to be a 3 to 4 month wait but any ideas on if he will see this truck before summer?
Ordered my XL hybrid in early September and only have had the confirmation email. 3-4 months is probably wishful thinking.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best guess would be May - June.
Sponsored