Icanhazmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have the X4S that can comment on a bed extender? There's a thread that the Ford roll-up cover is not compatible with either the Ford bed extender or a universal aftermarket bed extender. Looking at pictures, the latch mechanism at the front near the tailgate looks the same on the X4S as the Ford one, which is where the issue is on the Ford rollup cover - it extends into the bed too far and blocks either bed extender from folding into the bed. Wondering if the X4S has the same issue or if there is enough clearance.

Thanks!
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This explains how to install the X4s. Looks easy.

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just purchased the X4s today from Realtruck $875+Tax w/ Free Shipping for Forum Members. Bak is also offering $150 Rebate for this cover through the end of the month, so $725+Tax is a great deal!

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like the end caps get pinched/pressured in the center when rolling up. With reports of the caps coming off, could this be part of the reason? Wondering what X4S owners think.

Also, do you feel the levers, on the tailgate end, get in the way when loading items? When loading sheet goods?

How is the top surface after opening and closing a bunch of times? Have heard there ā€˜linesā€™ running side-to-side at the slate gaps, that ā€˜collectā€™ dust. Is that true?

Last edited:

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been looking at hard roll up covers for a while now, since all I've been able to do is research accessories for the past nine months.

Anyhow, I finally got a VIN and build date, will hopefully be seeing my Maverick before Halloween.

Now I'm bouncing back and forth between the BAK Revolver X4S and the Truxedo Sentry CT, leaning towards the Revolver.

For those out there that have one of them what do you think? Would you buy it again? Get the other? Buy another hard rollup that I may not have hard of?

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Bump

Surprised no one has responded to the last two posts with questions.

Also, does it rattle at highway speeds? Rear window opened or closed.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been looking at hard roll up covers for a while now, since all I've been able to do is research accessories for the past nine months.

Anyhow, I finally got a VIN and build date, will hopefully be seeing my Maverick before Halloween.

Now I'm bouncing back and forth between the BAK Revolver X4S and the Truxedo Sentry CT, leaning towards the Revolver.

For those out there that have one of them what do you think? Would you buy it again? Get the other? Buy another hard rollup that I may not have hard of?
I love my Bak X4s

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bump

Surprised no one has responded to the last two posts with questions.

Also, does it rattle at highway speeds? Rear window opened or closed.
No rattle at highway speed with the BAK X4s

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The corner plastic covers pop off way too easily on the BAK x4s. I found this JB Weld Plastic Bonder that seems to be the best long term solution for making these covers stay in place. I mixed up a batch and covered the underside of the trim piece before inserting the clip back into the cover and applying some more on top. It dried super quickly and doesn't budge at all. The black blends in nicely and you'd never notice if you didn't know it was there.
Ford Maverick BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover -- arrived & installed JB Weld

hyperlite2k1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford E250, 2014 Lexus CT200H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the front tire of a 21" wheel dirt bike interferes with the X4s when rolled up? This would be my preferred cover to get over having to get a soft rollup. Still waiting on my maverick. Fingers crossed that Ford will give me a scheduled date before July 17.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like a lot of mixed feeling about this cover. Lots of reports about incorrect sizing and such. Has me a bit skeptical.

Is there anything keeping it from coming in contact with the back window when rolled up? I know it has straps, but I'm curious about the play and how much everything moves if at all.

I'm also skeptical about the exterior in Montana winters. How is everyone's holding up?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Seems like a lot of mixed feeling about this cover. Lots of reports about incorrect sizing and such. Has me a bit skeptical.

Is there anything keeping it from coming in contact with the back window when rolled up? I know it has straps, but I'm curious about the play and how much everything moves if at all.

I'm also skeptical about the exterior in Montana winters. How is everyone's holding up?
My $0.02
I feel some of the sizing issues are with the initial built units. You do have to play with it to get thing aligned, but that was true with the Truxedo Pro X15 I tried first. Every cover needs aligning when put on. I also recommend getting a tailgate seal, there are large gaps around the tailgate.

They give you foam strips to put on the cover, which would contact the window if rolled up too far. When rolled up, it isnā€™t that close to the window, I would have to try hard to get it touch the window.

I am in a winter area, but I keep mine in the garage, so canā€™t help much with the exterior holding up. I also plan to not roll it if snow is on it or freezing rain.

Realtruck has a 30th exchange policy, so if you donā€™t like it you can just return it. That is how I went from the Truxedo to the BAK. They also have great prices, you can PM them on this forum.

To get the best water seal, I think you need a cover that sits on top of everything; but I think even those leak a little. I personally donā€™t like that look, I love how the X4S fits flush.

TFLB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 F150, 05 Mustang, 24 Ordered Mav XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bed extender's are worthless and get in the way.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My $0.02
I feel some of the sizing issues are with the initial built units. You do have to play with it to get thing aligned, but that was true with the Truxedo Pro X15 I tried first. Every cover needs aligning when put on. I also recommend getting a tailgate seal, there are large gaps around the tailgate.

They give you foam strips to put on the cover, which would contact the window if rolled up too far. When rolled up, it isnā€™t that close to the window, I would have to try hard to get it touch the window.

I am in a winter area, but I keep mine in the garage, so canā€™t help much with the exterior holding up. I also plan to not roll it if snow is on it or freezing rain.

Realtruck has a 30th exchange policy, so if you donā€™t like it you can just return it. That is how I went from the Truxedo to the BAK. They also have great prices, you can PM them on this forum.

To get the best water seal, I think you need a cover that sits on top of everything; but I think even those leak a little. I personally donā€™t like that look, I love how the X4S fits flush.
About as expected then. I've done tonneau covers before as well and it's a learning curve for sure. Same with fender flares. I always think something doesn't line up and then I realize I just rushed it and wasn't paying attention.

At least the bed of this truck actually "seals". The Tacoma I have has "breathe holes" all over the place and they call it a feature. I learned that after I got it of course. Such a PITA and a cheap feeling bed. Anyways... thanks for the advice. Mine will be under a carport so it's not a huge deal either, but you know how it goes in the snow/freezing rain.

I really like the look of this one too. My other option is a Lomax tri-fold, which I currently have on my Tacoma. It's a decent cover, I just wanted to try something with a bit more room and the ability to roll it up, and since the nicer roll down options are like double the price, the X4s enticed me.

I got a couple months left so I'm going to wait and do more research. Pretty sure I've encountered every thread about them so far though lol.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got a couple months left so I'm going to wait and do more research. Pretty sure I've encountered every thread about them so far though lol.
Thatā€™s what I did. I agonized over the Pro X15 and X4S. Tried the X4S, then didnā€™t like it; for me. So exchanged it.
I would not order one until truck is at dealership, so you have the full 30 day exchange time, if needed. Cover only took 2 days to show up.
Sponsored