GAP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else think Ford’s ordering process borders on a bait (Hybrid) and switch (Eco)? The hybrid is a cheap and probably not a very profitable model. It drew us in. Now, we’re told they can’t deliver, and we’re given an untenable option. Ford stands to make a bundle.
Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No.
- Its not bait and switch, that literally makes no sense.
- What evidence do you have that the hybrid is not profitable? The sticker on my Lariat says otherwise
- Anyone that didn't have their head in the sand knew they were struggling to meet hybrid demand at least a year ago
- Don't understand what an untenable option is? What are you talking about?
- "Ford stands to make a bundle"?? On what? Selling an ECOBoost instead of a hybrid?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else think Ford’s ordering process borders on a bait (Hybrid) and switch (Eco)? The hybrid is a cheap and probably not a very profitable model. It drew us in. Now, we’re told they can’t deliver, and we’re given an untenable option. Ford stands to make a bundle.
What are they making a bundle on??? FWD hybrid to FWD Eco now costs nothing to the customer.

Demand for hybrids exceeds supply across vehicle lines.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thought, what is the benefit to Ford or the dealer to push ahead a roll over hybrid or canceled 2022. There is $2750 price adjustment on 2022 Hybrids.

If the dealer or Ford slows this down and forges ahead with fresh 2023 orders thats an extra $2750 in the pocket. Do we assume Fords good will, it's been transparent so far.

Difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is usually about 6 months to a year. :cool:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What am I missing here? I guess I did not read the memo that circulated a few days ago regarding engine change in order to have a better chance of getting it built. If I am correct, it appears a EB Lariat is about $2K more than a Hybrid Lariat. Is someone saying here people who ordered can switch to the EB for the same price as the Hybrid?

Sponsored

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What am I missing here? I guess I did not read the memo that circulated a few days ago regarding engine change in order to have a better chance of getting it built. If I am correct, it appears a EB Lariat is about $2K more than a Hybrid Lariat. Is someone saying here people who ordered can switch to the EB for the same price as the Hybrid?
The 2023 Lariat has AWD as standard equipment, the front wheel drive XL and XLT hybrid and ecoboosts are the same price.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No.

Not bait and switch.

And your beef isn't with Ford but rather your dealer who oversold their allocations, either through negligence or incompetence.

Dealers generally know when they're submitting more orders to Ford than they have allocation for. And if they don't, it's because they're not paying attention.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did I mention no?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wanted to make sure I said, no.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.