Sponsored

Bait and Switch on Maverick Orders at Grapevine Ford

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
Warning for those that may read this ahead of their order. Last weekend, I spent several hours in a test drive of an XLT and Lariat with a "borrowed" salesperson whom was friendly but seemed to only know a lot about the Bronco. Afterwards, I completed an order form with them - the same that I filled out online and left. This week, I had not heard anything about this order only to find out that they had not placed the order until they could speak with me again.

In my discussions with Jake, it was stated that "to complete my order and entry of it, there would be a $2500 fee added to the order for market availability". He stated this fee was because these trucks were getting more at auction than MSRP. After hearing this, I decided to go elsewhere and maybe just pass on any Ford product. I don't see why this was not disclosed up front and I found it to be a very big waste of my time. The only reason this fee would exist is if Ford created it to pad dealers, otherwise I don't see getting haggled twice and being forced into using their financing - I was also called by the finance manager and informed they do not accept third party financing.

Anyone else in North Texas heard of dealers attempting to collect bogus fees for my patience in waiting on an order?

Should I just place an order for something else or another brand?
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
If there are any added fees or market adjustments, that's on the dealer, not Ford. There are plenty of dealers out there selling at MSRP, a lot are not even requiring a deposit. Sounds like just another shady dealer experience.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MSRP = MANUFACTURERS SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE

MissMelJoy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Warning for those that may read this ahead of their order. Last weekend, I spent several hours in a test drive of an XLT and Lariat with a "borrowed" salesperson whom was friendly but seemed to only know a lot about the Bronco. Afterwards, I completed an order form with them - the same that I filled out online and left. This week, I had not heard anything about this order only to find out that they had not placed the order until they could speak with me again.

In my discussions with Jake, it was stated that "to complete my order and entry of it, there would be a $2500 fee added to the order for market availability". He stated this fee was because these trucks were getting more at auction than MSRP. After hearing this, I decided to go elsewhere and maybe just pass on any Ford product. I don't see why this was not disclosed up front and I found it to be a very big waste of my time. The only reason this fee would exist is if Ford created it to pad dealers, otherwise I don't see getting haggled twice and being forced into using their financing - I was also called by the finance manager and informed they do not accept third party financing.

Anyone else in North Texas heard of dealers attempting to collect bogus fees for my patience in waiting on an order?

I ordered at Leif Johnson in Austin and they quoted me the MSRP and no deposit.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Jake and the dealership is ripping you off. I paid 4% under dealer invoice At Chapman. If ordering MSRP is the highest you should pay.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My salesman at Five Star Ford Carrollton advised me to tell people on this forum not to pay over MSRP for orders, saying they and plenty of other DFW dealers won't charge ADM.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
MSRP = MANUFACTURERS SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
Exhibit A why we don't need dealerships. (Stealerships)

I welcome our future Amazon Auto overlords

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That dealership is cooked. A family member bought a vehicle there a few years ago and had a terrible experience. They left a very detailed negative review and someone at the dealership called them and tried to intimidate them into deleting or changing the review. Went as far as threatening to cancel their financing and force them to bring the vehicle back. They told the dealership to go F themselves and kept the car, nothing ever happened of course.

BeachBum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 AWD Maverick XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That dealership is cooked. A family member bought a vehicle there a few years ago and had a terrible experience. They left a very detailed negative review and someone at the dealership called them and tried to intimidate them into deleting or changing the review. Went as far as threatening to cancel their financing and force them to bring the vehicle back. They told the dealership to go F themselves and kept the car, nothing ever happened of course.
would also love to know how many Mavericks have actually gone through an auction, such BS

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

on the bright side, you got to spend a couple hours testing a Maverick to decide if it is the right vehicle for you- and no pressure to buy it from these douchebags! Seems there's actually people on here complaining they ordered "sight unseen" then didn't like it when they saw 1 in person :ROFLMAO:

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there are any added fees or market adjustments, that's on the dealer, not Ford. There are plenty of dealers out there selling at MSRP, a lot are not even requiring a deposit. Sounds like just another shady dealer experience.
And if you are really lucky there's some dealers that are actually going up 2 or 3% below MSRP for the mavericks.

Happy hunting

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
on the bright side, you got to spend a couple hours testing a Maverick to decide if it is the right vehicle for you- and no pressure to buy it from these douchebags! Seems there's actually people on here complaining they ordered "sight unseen" then didn't like it when they saw 1 in person :ROFLMAO:
I haven’t seen those post. Link please?

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of these posts make me wonder if this is the first new car some have ever bought.

PebbleMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Few show on their websites, but upward market adjustments are the rule in Central CA. One dealer had $5000 adjustments on Mavericks.

Ford Maverick Bait and Switch on Maverick Orders at Grapevine Ford Capital Mav
Sponsored