Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Holiday Ford in Whitesboro, MSRP only all day long. Entire sales experience from inspect and drive, to walking out with my USB docs package took 1 hour..

Mine was a dealer order I tracked down, they agreed to mark it sold in order to hold it for me with no deposit or paperwork. Truck finally arrived, I drove up from south of Fort Worth and snagged it that day...

I gave up real quick on DFW proper dealers - if you are checking inventory on the Ford website you can swing the search radius out as far as you want, not limited to their drop down menu - make the first search at whatever mile radius, go into the address bar and edit the mileage there, works a charm. I ran it at 300 mile radius of FTW and let the chase begin.
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Don't support shady dealers....Most of the trickery happens back in the finance department...that's usually the maze to navigate...

Ems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Grapevine Ford is garbage, I checked them out last time I was truck shopping. The 5 star fords are decent, Lewisville less so than the others though. I got my ranger at Grand Prairie Ford and got a solid deal on it back at the beginning of the year. Westway is also alright. At the end of the day they’re all dealerships though, so you need to be firm, and willing to walk away if you can’t get the deal you want.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Warning for those that may read this ahead of their order. Last weekend, I spent several hours in a test drive of an XLT and Lariat with a "borrowed" salesperson whom was friendly but seemed to only know a lot about the Bronco. Afterwards, I completed an order form with them - the same that I filled out online and left. This week, I had not heard anything about this order only to find out that they had not placed the order until they could speak with me again.

In my discussions with Jake, it was stated that "to complete my order and entry of it, there would be a $2500 fee added to the order for market availability". He stated this fee was because these trucks were getting more at auction than MSRP. After hearing this, I decided to go elsewhere and maybe just pass on any Ford product. I don't see why this was not disclosed up front and I found it to be a very big waste of my time. The only reason this fee would exist is if Ford created it to pad dealers, otherwise I don't see getting haggled twice and being forced into using their financing - I was also called by the finance manager and informed they do not accept third party financing.

Anyone else in North Texas heard of dealers attempting to collect bogus fees for my patience in waiting on an order?

Should I just place an order for something else or another brand?
Hey do you want to order your maverick in West Tn and only pay MSRP let me know . Yes or No if interested I will see if you can do it over the phone the this dealership is good people . It's where I ordered my XLT from.

Sponsored

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
someone paid over sticker for their truck...
I did. Still a great value. 😊 Seriously though.. These trucks are worth whatever you’re willing to pay. Early buyers like myself sometimes pay higher prices just to be the first kid on the block with the shiny new toy. BTW, mine is still the only one in my area. So yes, I’m special. 😆

Tx_actual

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride, Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that place is trash. I went in awhile back when I was F150 shopping and left immediately when I saw they removed all window stickers and replaced them with hand written market adjustment prices. Got the f150 for just under msrp and have a Mav on order for msrp with 5 star Dallas.

OP
OP

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
5 star is the way to go in DFW
Good to know and thanks everyone for input, especially that fellow down in the weeds south of Burleson and Fort Worth. For the CA fellow, at least they are being transparent with you "before" you invest time with them or with you. Those folks over at Grapevine Ford need to get their stuff together.

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep , you need to find another dealer .My dealer in Florida very transparent $699 dealer fee NO other BS fees .I felt that was fair. My wife wants a Mach E called 3 different Ford dealers to see if they had a car to look at ,you think the Maverick is tough . Three phone calls 3 different market adjustments. :) $5000 ,$7500, $10,000 lol .went right back to my guy $699. Six month wait on the Mach E .You order on the ford website but right in the fine print ford tells you basically dealers can charge what they want. Get everything in writing!

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exhibit A why we don't need dealerships. (Stealerships)

I welcome our future Amazon Auto overlords
Yea with Prime you can get a mechanic in two days. And a loaner too!
Sponsored