First Name
erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took my truck to a dealer because it was shaling while driving. I went to have the tires checked balanced and rotated twice before take to ford service. While the tires were off second time I noticed it looke dlike fluid was leaking from drivers side front axle area. I informed the dealer service advisor of this when i dropped it off and left it all day to be looked at and diagnose the problem.

after work i went to pick it up and they informed me that the passenger side cv boot axle needs replacing. They said they ordered the part and it will arrive in a few days. I took it back to have it removed and replaced. Upon picking up the truck the second time after they replaced the passenger side axle they informed me that the technician noticed a leak on the drivers side - the one I told them was leaking when i dropped it off the first time- and that they ordered the opart and it would arrive in a couple weeks and that my maverick was safe to drive in the mean time.

Three weeks later they do not have the part and do not know when it will be in. At this point i was pissed of and not wanting to drive my truck that shakes when accelerating. I called ford and the dealer numerous times. The parts person wanted me to pay extra to buy it from a dealer even though its under warranty. i said no. I decided to go to the dealer when the service manager would not take my calls or call me back.

The service manager drove my truck and said he thinks it was misdiagnosed and is actually something wrong with the rear axle but they need to troubleshoot it. This evening i dropped it off to be looked at to determine the issue tomorrow. They provided me a loaner car.

I will keep y'all informed
Sponsored

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry about your dealer issues. There are quite a few posts here on Mavericks with CV issues. Can you let us know how many miles you have. Could be a defective part problem.

OP
OP

Odoubleto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CV axles should go years and 100k miles plus easily. There is definitely something up with these axles on the Mavericks. The failure rate is way too high. FORD needs to do something about this.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have in the last week noticed that internet has been so slow at times it can take two minutes to get a response when clicking on "post reply". Twice I had to reboot my router to regain service. Maybe he has that happening or?
yep, but he changed the header on the second post 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

DiveBombDom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had this happen on my driver's side CV. Happened at about 20k miles for me. The part took months to come in and I drove about another 5k with it shaking like that until it came in. Scariest couple months of my life, especially the way I typically drive.

It's only been repaired for about a month right now. So far, so good. I'll update if any new issues with them come up.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, I'll bite, since inquiring minds want to know. Has a lift kit been added to the truck? That will change the CV angles, invalidating your warranty. Have you off-roaded it and damaged the rubber boots on brush? There are reasons why the Tremor has upgraded halfshafts. Have you increased the engine horsepower, increasing the torque on the joints?

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have in the last week noticed that internet has been so slow at times it can take two minutes to get a response when clicking on "post reply". Twice I had to reboot my router to regain service. Maybe he has that happening or?
If your post doesn't appear, usually reloading the page fixes that. F5 on a PC, or just pull-down on the page, in a mobile device.
Sponsored