Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weird issue with my backup camera this morning, after shifting into drive, the inforainment system never switched back to the normal interface, it remained on the backup camera with a frozen image of the last thing that it saw, turning the truck off and on again fixed it, but it was still an odd issue, curious if any one else has had a similar issue? I am taking my truck to the dealer in 2 weeks while I am out of town for recall work and an oil change, so I will discuss this with them then as well
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Weird issue with my backup camera this morning, after shifting into drive, the inforainment system never switched back to the normal interface, it remained on the backup camera with a frozen image of the last thing that it saw, turning the truck off and on again fixed it, but it was still an odd issue, curious if any one else has had a similar issue? I am taking my truck to the dealer in 2 weeks while I am out of town for recall work and an oil change, so I will discuss this with them then as well
Good evening! I would be happy to look into your F-150's back up camera concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send over the name/location of your purchasing Ford dealer and your F-150's VIN?

OP
OP
Dogcmp6

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good evening! I would be happy to look into your F-150's back up camera concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send over the name/location of your purchasing Ford dealer and your F-150's VIN?
Is this ford telling me my maverick is not a truck without telling me my maverick is not a truck?

PM is in the process of being sent

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this ford telling me my maverick is not a truck without telling me my maverick is not a truck?

PM is in the process of being sent
They told you 😁

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How’s that going to help with their Maverick?

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In one of the menus there is an option to leave the rear view camera on until you move forward a bit. I believe until you reach 5mph.
It can be changed back to shut off when you leave reverse.

Scaplem

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same issue with the camera frozen on the screen- @Dogcpm6. I also had a camera malfunction warning box pop up. I was tempted to do a reset, but did not. Fortunately, the issue resolved it self the next time I drove the vehicle.

mswillis5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also had this message. I had a wireless android auto device plugged in and uplugged it and the screen came back to normal. I reattached the device and the frozen camera image came back. After I restarted the truck the camera operation and android auto device worked as expected.

OpulentSquash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had this happen to mine this morning. Hybrid with 15K miles. Also of note: chillier than normal morning.

Nate

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Alto blue ECO Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last couple weeks had some of the same issues. Entertainment screen blacked out after backing out of parking space. I stopped, turned off vehicle several times, nothing changed. Stopped by the dealer on way home, it turned off again at the dealer. The same problem was there when service manager came to check it out. Set service appointment for following week. Next morning everything back to normal except the back up camera stayed on for two blocks. I only back into my garage so it should have turn off driving down street. Then everything went back to normal after that.

I dropped it off for a scheduled appointment, not sure exactly what they did, but service tech said all the software checked out. Driving home I notice the auto stop was not working (I've gotten used to it by now). Tried the switch numerous times, but other then Icon in drive menu has a line thru it, nothing. Next day, sometimes it works, but for the most part, not working. The following day I stop by dealer, set other appointment. I really do love this truck, it fits my needs perfectly. My concerns are electrical , whiz bang software, and computer stuff that may cause problems or future headaches.

I'm retired and my golf course and dealership are right on the way home, so my dealer will have the same headaches also! Maybe they will give a special parking spot? Looks like I have the same truck, other than Lariat Lux (4 months and 4019 Miles)as Dogcmp6.

Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue with the camera frozen on the screen- @Dogcpm6. I also had a camera malfunction warning box pop up. I was tempted to do a reset, but did not. Fortunately, the issue resolved it self the next time I drove the vehicle.
Happened to me a couple of times too when I first got the truck. All good now. I suggest doing a radio firmware update. Latest version is 2.0.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Last couple weeks had some of the same issues. Entertainment screen blacked out after backing out of parking space. I stopped, turned off vehicle several times, nothing changed. Stopped by the dealer on way home, it turned off again at the dealer. The same problem was there when service manager came to check it out. Set service appointment for following week. Next morning everything back to normal except the back up camera stayed on for two blocks. I only back into my garage so it should have turn off driving down street. Then everything went back to normal after that.

I dropped it off for a scheduled appointment, not sure exactly what they did, but service tech said all the software checked out. Driving home I notice the auto stop was not working (I've gotten used to it by now). Tried the switch numerous times, but other then Icon in drive menu has a line thru it, nothing. Next day, sometimes it works, but for the most part, not working. The following day I stop by dealer, set other appointment. I really do love this truck, it fits my needs perfectly. My concerns are electrical , whiz bang software, and computer stuff that may cause problems or future headaches.

I'm retired and my golf course and dealership are right on the way home, so my dealer will have the same headaches also! Maybe they will give a special parking spot? Looks like I have the same truck, other than Lariat Lux (4 months and 4019 Miles)as Dogcmp6.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored