jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice their backup camera freeze, then jump to real-time when backing up? Mine consistently is glitchy in this way. You definitely don’t want to depend on it if getting close to something. Not sure if just mine, or all mavericks’ cameras having buffering.
Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No sir - camera has been zero problem on mine. Now the display, sometimes it fires up quick and smooth when I start and sometimes it stays on the Ford logo for 30-40 seconds which is weird.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Anyone else notice their backup camera freeze, then jump to real-time when backing up? Mine consistently is glitchy in this way. You definitely don’t want to depend on it if getting close to something. Not sure if just mine, or all mavericks’ cameras having buffering.
No buffering here, kicks in as soon as it goes into reverse and shows everything real time but having owned many ford products they don't exactly have the best track record with backup cameras. They have historically been very prone to getting water in their connectors causing issues like you describe and then ultimately failure.

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed it in mine. For me it doesnt happen often but in the middle of backing up it will sometimes lag for a second or two. I just make sure to take it slow backing up when there are other vehicles or obstacles.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to check into this backup camera concern for you. Thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: Dealer looked at it and saw undesirable lag/skip to video. They tested another maverick they had and reported it did the same. As a result, they cannot justify changing the camera, as it wouldn’t guarantee a resolution. They just conclude that this freezing/not real-time camera is an “undesirable characteristic of the vehicle” and reported it to Ford.
So we’ll see if Ford ever comes up with some update down the road. I’ve never seen another vehicle with a backup camera do this. Disappointing.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my XLT for about 3 months, and so far, have not experienced this.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine occasionally does all kinds of weird things. It's not consistent so I have ignored it, but it is irritable when it does happen. Mine will on occasion not show the predicted angle(?) with the wheels turned. Also, there has been other random things with the infotainment system, bit again not consistent so I don't bring it up to the dealer.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have its the stupid stero it lags and freezes randomly reboots while driving. You can try restarting the radio by holding the power and one of the buttons on the dash you can also turn the app feature off reboot the stereo then turn it back on. That seemed to.help for a while still get random popping noise though

Sponsored

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I have this issue. Almost hit a tree while backing up. It was quite scary. It lags while backing up.
Try in the settings and turn the delay off that helps a bit. I also turned wifi and the app stuff off that helped too less problems. I also charged the battery it seeks to go dead really fast

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try in the settings and turn the delay off that helps a bit. I also turned wifi and the app stuff off that helped too less problems. I also charged the battery it seeks to go dead really fast
I followed your advice and turned wifi off. I’ve only backed up twice since, but the lag/feeze/catch up of video feed seems to have disappeared. I will follow up if issue is completely resolved by this. 👍🏻

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I followed your advice and turned wifi off. I’ve only backed up twice since, but the lag/feeze/catch up of video feed seems to have disappeared. I will follow up if issue is completely resolved by this. 👍🏻
You can also hold the power button and the fast forward button at the same time and the stero will reboot it freezes sometimes seems to work better after that too

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Several days now and no more backup camera issues after turning off wifi. Wouldn’t have guessed that would have been the interfering issue with camera, but seems like it was. Maybe the camera is bluetooth feed or something? Either way, no issues anymore 🥳

Bobert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm experiencing the same thing. The camera freezes/glitches sporadically but often enough to call it a problem. It's very dangerous when your reversing even a half second while your moving. I've hit objects due to this problem. Ford did nothing when I mentioned it .

Sponsored