2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've driven on tons of forest service roads here in Washington, and most are doable in a sedan if you're not a moron.

Yes, a sedan.

I am looking forward to the Mav for the extra clearance and additional capability from the AWD/FX4, but I am not expecting a rock crawler and neither should anyone else.
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also thought it interesting how Ford wrote the owners manual on AWD vs FX4 to make sound it was two different trucks. :) I am guessing they also used a less aggressive tires to keep mileage up even though it might be minuscule sort of like auto stop on the engine.
Personally I

Oceanminded

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mazda CX-5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the FX4 in the XLT Lux package for the added value and piece of mind in having the AWD if need be for the occasional dirt road or trip up to the mountains in the snow. My only regret is not having the eco or sport mode with that configuration. Wondering if others are in the same dilemma?

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
I ordered the FX4 in the XLT Lux package for the added value and piece of mind in having the AWD if need be for the occasional dirt road or trip up to the mountains in the snow. My only regret is not having the eco or sport mode with that configuration. Wondering if others are in the same dilemma?
I wish they left drive modes alone also. Hoping that ForScan can be used to add sport and eco on later.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Regular Mavericks still have a plate under there, its just plastic instead of metal. For a bouncing rock even the plastic would probably deflect it a bit. The plastic just wouldn't work for actually impacting hard terrain, but as was shown if you're doing that you're probably scraping other plastic. Maverick is best suited for campsite trails and the like, not really a Wrangler.
That is exactly what I have in mind for it, light travel trailer at KOA campgrounds in Washington/Oregon about 10 weekends a year. I have no intention of going 'purposefully' off road with it.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've driven on tons of forest service roads here in Washington, and most are doable in a sedan if you're not a moron.

Yes, a sedan.

I am looking forward to the Mav for the extra clearance and additional capability from the AWD/FX4, but I am not expecting a rock crawler and neither should anyone else.
lol.... Dangerous assumption! Almost every road trip, I encounter some idiot doing something stupid or reckless. And any common courtesy while driving is nearly nonexistent these days. The closer you get to high population urban areas, the worse it gets. Very happy I live in BFE, and don't have to deal with it much. 🤠

Last edited:

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Ford also said the stock [and really low ground clearance] Focus RS wasn't for off road use, and just simply using snow tires and a $500 aftermarket skid plate, allowed it to take, at an SCCA event, FTD overall as a stock AWD entry beating everything else including modified AWD Suburu WRX STIs with real rallycross tires. The FX4 package is a steal at $800 and I will try it out at a rallycross ASAP
Ford Maverick AWD and FX4 skidplate   20045582_1912328282377223_664392087442948394_o
Ford Maverick AWD and FX4 rs best
when I get it. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-ford-maverick-fx4-first-off-road-drive/

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From my perspective this leaves a lot more room for the aftermarket, which I am in, for us to modify and offer parts for people who need more hard core offroad performance. I can't wait to get mine and get started!
Sponsored