bigblue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know most vehicles use the camera on the windshield to make the auto windshield wipers activate. Can this be done to the Maverick with Forscan?
Sponsored

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very few are camera-based. Tesla, maybe Mercedes. The rest use an infrared sensor and the Maverick doesn't have it. You might be able to swap out the Escape mirror that has that sensor but that's a wild guess.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very few are camera-based. Tesla, maybe Mercedes. The rest use an infrared sensor and the Maverick doesn't have it. You might be able to swap out the Escape mirror that has that sensor but that's a wild guess.
It is worse than that you need a different windshield and housing for the sensor if you want to wire it to stock configuration. The sensor is supposed to go in the plastic housing where the camera and IPMA module reside. First there is no room to mount it in one and the windshield itself is blacked out except for the camera hole so there is no way for the sensor to work either. The Escape mirror is probably your best bet here. Also if you don't mind using tape or some other solution to attach the sensor to the windshield it should be doable.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2020 Escape titanium in the garage if you'd like me to look or take pics. It has auto wipers. I'm not sure if that particular sensor is in the housing or on the mirror. You'd also need a wiper control stalk that includes the extra notch of the switch to allow the function.

OP
OP

bigblue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2020 Escape titanium in the garage if you'd like me to look or take pics. It has auto wipers. I'm not sure if that particular sensor is in the housing or on the mirror. You'd also need a wiper control stalk that includes the extra notch of the switch to allow the function.
I would love to see pictures. if you could, that would be great.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would love to see pictures. if you could, that would be great.
Ok. I'll try tomorrow. Wife is out doing Christmas shopping and she has the car.
Sponsored