First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just more time to wait. That is not worth the $200 difference in re-sale when you bought it to keep it anyway...

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think this question relies on MY23 having no delays.

If I could order a MY23 in August and get it in Sept, i would probably move my MY23 order once a May delivery is off the table.

But the issue is that right now we're 6+ months out, so a MY23 order in Aug will likely be a December delivery at best.

Wait another 6+ months on my 6+ month wait for a possible 2-4k savings 5 years from now? Naw.
Another thing to consider is Ford might not finish building the '22s, which would push the rest into MY23. New '23 orders would likely be behind the leftovers from '22. (Although if things hold true to form some of the new '23 orders will get scheduled ahead of the leftover '22s, pissing people off.):ROFLMAO:

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have considered this same question as I only put my order in at the last minute before they closed off the eco boost orders. The thing that keeps me from cancelling and going for a 23 is the potential wait. You think it’s bad waiting for a 22, how much worse is it going to be in 8 months when orders open back up again and there’s a rush to all the dealers to get new orders in? I figure the wait has got to be worse than any benefits of one model year newer.
Once people start seeing Mavericks on the road, at church, neighborhood, Home Depot, etc., you are going to see orders dwarfing this year. And once there are ads on TV, BOOM !!!
Sponsored