Are you settling?

fanthe

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Fiesta
I see a lot of posts with people changing their orders to remove items that are causing a delay, but I feel like I built out exactly what I wanted and am willing to wait to get that perfect baby when it finally arrives, what is your take?
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
If you added items to your build that you could get aftermarket, like mudflaps, bed cover, floor mats, etc., and removing the constrained items gets your truck built faster, than that's a no brainer. Go for it.

But I wouldn't remove items that can only be installed by the factory (like the Lux package or change from a hybrid to Ecoboost) just to get it built. That sacrifice to me is not worth it.

Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Just a moment ago I emailed my dealer to make changes. I called Ford right beforehand and they confirmed my order was still "in processing", same as a month ago. I asked my dealer to remove the tonneau cover, splash guards, and switch the hybrid to ecoboost. I'd honestly rather have the extra horsepower anyway and have been wanting to make this change for some time.

I'm interested in talking to some other dealers, though, now that they seem to have some stock en route, and if I can get one off the lot faster I'd go with that in a heartbeat.

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I initially ordered exactly what I wanted, XLT hybrid spare tire, tow hitch, and spray in. I took the spray in off, and last week ended up adding the lux package. (Wife drove my current vehicle, and stated all the stuff she has that she missed, lol).

I thought about moving to the Ecoboost, but I drive a lot, and think the hybrid would be better long term, so I've stuck with that...

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. My needs were basic (XLT Hybrid 400w hitch), so there's nowhere really to compromise/change.

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I initially ordered a hybrid because I prioritized mpg's and cost savings over functionality. A couple of weeks ago I changed to the eco boost due to hybrid uncertainty. Along with the engine change I added options that are not available for the hybrid (AWD, 4K towing, FX4). This added about $5k to the price but I got a truck that much better suits my needs and was scheduled the next week

No regrets.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
No, and I ordered exactly what I want for my build. I am fortunate not to NEED a vehicle in this crazy auto buying period. Hope things works out for all!!

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a lot of posts with people changing their orders to remove items that are causing a delay, but I feel like I built out exactly what I wanted and am willing to wait to get that perfect baby when it finally arrives, what is your take?
Will wait for my hybrid xlt with 360 but am ready to drop cover bed mat floor mat etc.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
waiting, I have not changed anything from my original order.

Thorgar24

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford Explorer limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting, I can understand people removing things they can add later but i want this specific truck so I shall wait.
Sponsored