Sponsored

Are unfulfilled 2022 Maverick orders automatically converted into 2023's?

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As we patiently wait for our existing orders, will those existing 2022 orders that are still unfulfilled after the 2022 model cutoff be automatically converted into 2023 orders or will we have to reorder through our dealerships? Will Ford send out emails?

I believe I heard the cutoff was by the end of July. With builds being two months out, September or maybe October would be the end of 2022's with 2023's being built soon after. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We still have some time. I just want to be completely prepared.

We are all in this together. Good luck on your orders!!
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MY2022 production will continue until mid October from last Ford communications. I believe I read you WILL need to re-order to get a MY2023, but supposed to get some kind of priority ahead of brand new orders- believe it when I see it.

MY2023 order banks open I believe August 15th...?

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The latest is that you will technically have to create a new order, but this will be done the week before (8 Aug?) the order banks open up (15 Aug tentative) for truely "new" orders. So your order date will be first in the line (theoretically). Of course, constraint items will still factor in. If you are in the position of rolling over (Should be notified by end of July), I would be at my dealer day 1 of that one week window and sit on top of the ordering manager until it is verified in ROVP.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY2022 production will continue until mid October from last Ford communications. I believe I read you WILL need to re-order to get a MY2023, but supposed to get some kind of priority ahead of brand new orders- believe it when I see it.

MY2023 order banks open I believe August 15th...?
Latest scuttlebutt is my22 line will end on Friday 21 Oct and my23 production will commence on 24 Oct with OKTB issued 27 Oct. MY 2023 order banks are currently scheduled to open 15 Aug, with my22 rollovers opening the week prior to give them that earlier order date to put them at the beginning of the line. Price protection still applies.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Latest scuttlebutt is my22 line will end on Friday 21 Oct and my23 production will commence on 24 Oct with OKTB issued 27 Oct. MY 2023 order banks are currently scheduled to open 15 Aug, with my22 rollovers opening the week prior to give them that earlier order date to put them at the beginning of the line. Price protection still applies.
So if this is true, there will be NOT changes to the Maverick for MY23 except for maybe color updates.

Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing requiring retooling.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing requiring retooling.
That's my point, normally factories are down 2 weeks to retool for any changes, so if there is no retooling so nothing is going to change.

wardamntexas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we have to roll our orders over at the same dealership we placed the original order with?

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do we have to roll our orders over at the same dealership we placed the original order with?
Good question. Maybe @fordvideoguy can answer. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say only if the original dealer signs off on it, which is unlikely.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As we patiently wait for our existing orders, will those existing 2022 orders that are still unfulfilled after the 2022 model cutoff be automatically converted into 2023 orders or will we have to reorder through our dealerships? Will Ford send out emails?

I believe I heard the cutoff was by the end of July. With builds being two months out, September or maybe October would be the end of 2022's with 2023's being built soon after. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We still have some time. I just want to be completely prepared.

We are all in this together. Good luck on your orders!!

I am sure that Ford will send out emails with the same level of reliability that they always have.

i.e. don't count on receiving anything from Ford and be proactive with your ordering dealer.

I have heard exactly zero from the local dealer I ordered from in January 2022, they didn't even contact me to encourage me to remove constraint items. Most recent check with Ford says that order is not yet scheduled. Unless it somehow gets built as a 2022 (and I'm not even confident they did the ROVP right, but of course Ford CS can't see that) I am going to cancel that order and get my $500 deposit back. I'm sticking with Granger and Long McArthur for 2023.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Yes, if you want to keep that order date. Otherwise it would be a new order with a different dealer.
Sponsored