First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to Ford, most of those reservations have come from Los Angeles and San Francisco, California, Houston, Texas, and Orlando, Florida – areas dominated by the Toyota Tacoma in recent years. A portion of the Maverick’s 100,000 reservation holders have already converted them to orders as well, but Ford declined to reveal just how many it has transferred over.
“This is very exciting for us,” Sam Pack, president and CEO of Pack Auto Group based in the Dallas metro area, told the Free Press. “We had just under 700 reservations in our four dealerships. That’s exceptionally strong. We’re converting at about a 25-30 percent rate right now. That’s significant.” - From Ford Authority
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The local dealership was good about getting back to me after submitting the Reservation request. I've read from member comments about some not getting contacted at all.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So 30% means around 30k orders if the 100k reservations is right. But we also have a lot of orders that are not done with a reservation. I would guess we have around 40-50k mavericks already ordered. That is right around 2 months worth of full capacity at the Hermosillo Ford plant

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So 30% means around 30k orders if the 100k reservations is right. But we also have a lot of orders that are not done with a reservation. I would guess we have around 40-50k mavericks already ordered. That is right around 2 months worth of full capacity at the Hermosillo Ford plant
When I ordered I went in to the dealer without a reservation. The salesperson later told me that he had to create a reservation based on my build because Ford would NOT accept an order without a reservation. So if orders are running 25-30% of reservations
(If this holds nationally), then 100k reservations equal 25k-30k actual orders. If you didn’t supply your dealer with a copy of your drivers license, you don’t have an order because Ford won’t accept an order without it (prevents dealer from ordering stock units for bogus customers).

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Seems these days lots of people have reservations, grave reservations. They should just cancel any orders and the rest of us can take the available slots ;)
Sponsored