First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After looking at reviews the BakFlip 4Xs fit what I was looking for. I went online and chatted with Lee @ BakFlip on November 11th, I was led to believe that the cover would ship soon. He never mentioned there was a delay. I went a while with nothing happening. I checked with them again... I was told there was a lead time and was told there was an estimated 20 day delay in manufacturing... Now I am seeing where some of you are saying it is delayed into the first part of next year. This is seriously disheartening. Some people are saying that have been waiting for months.... that sounds pretty brutal. Looking at their site now, it shows to be unavailable. Time to start researching again. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling.
Mine was ordered September and it will be December soon and they change my delivery date 3 times. I was excited to get the email your product will be arriving this week and somehow a Few fridays I lost interest and now it says January. I also took a few days off of the week when is expected to arrived and nope nothing. I have open several tickets and Iā€™m hoping they give me a concrete date vs every week it extends for another two weeks now another month.
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local Ford dealer sells Extang hard tonneaus. Not sure if they've come up with a Maverick cover yet. Anyone know anything about these?

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Time for you guys to flip to the truxedo sentry ct! Loving mine, looks great and I've had it for 3 weeks.

Also it was under $800 plus tax free shipping from Alex, save a few bucks in the process. Also easier to remove when you need to.
I'm getting the TruXedo Pro x15 very similar, I'm excited

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm just seeing this thread but I'm "glad" there are others annoyed about this, too. Ordered an X4s because of appearance and function; it looks to be higher quality than the alternatives. I ordered September 7 thinking I'd be on the front end of the orders and that I'd have it well ahead of picking up my truck. Got the truck two weeks ago, and the current estimate on the cover is February 17. I've chatted and called several times, I've had the multiple delivery dates come and go, same as you all. What aggravates me most is that they've had my money this whole time....I don't want to cancel the order, though, because it remains the only cover I like.

Please keep updating as you hear more from Bak. Bakflip.com, whoever. Thanks!

OP
OP
willdubbz

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like even my Truxedo Sentry CT got pushed back again. Went from estimated Nov 29 - Dec 3, to Dec 7 - Dec 13.

Sponsored

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like even my Truxedo Sentry CT got pushed back again. Went from estimated Nov 29 - Dec 3, to Dec 7 - Dec 13.
I officially gave up. Iā€™m done with Bakflip. Iā€™m sure they will thrive as a business but I will never shop there again after waiting 3 months. It is up to you to wait it out and get it December next year.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will get your product maybe October next year. Lol, I have been dealing with them and it will be 3 months next week,
I think it depends on the reasons for the delay so far.

If BakFLip is just really slow at building and delivering, then you could be right. (Although October seems a bit of a stretch.)

On the other hand, if some of the problem has been start-up delay -- because they hadn't actually developed the product yet for this new vehicle -- then you could be wrong.

Anyway, I just got an email predicting delivery between January 10 and January 13. We'll see well how that holds up.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If BakFLip is just really slow at building and delivering, then you could be right. (Although October seems a bit of a stretch.)

On the other hand, if some of the problem has been start-up delay -- because they hadn't actually developed the product yet for this new vehicle -- then you could be wrong.

Anyway, I just got an email predicting delivery between January 10 and January 13. We'll see well how that holds up.
Well I have seen two people with the Mx4 trifold and I ordered mine September they said 20 business days and somehow it keeps extending. I was hopeful and they even guaranteed twice that it will arrive soon Iā€™ve had the truck for a while and would like to have covered trunk for tools and equipments. It was supposed to arrived after 2nd promise last week and all of a sudden just like the rest of us I got an email that it will be in January. what they should have done is either put in preparing production or sign up for the list or simply put 3-6 months. One person I saw at the dealer has it on his maverick he got his in 3 weeks and I really like how the mx4 build quality. But sadly Iā€™m moving on and will be checking other covers.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm just seeing this thread but I'm "glad" there are others annoyed about this, too. Ordered an X4s because of appearance and function; it looks to be higher quality than the alternatives. I ordered September 7 thinking I'd be on the front end of the orders and that I'd have it well ahead of picking up my truck. Got the truck two weeks ago, and the current estimate on the cover is February 17. I've chatted and called several times, I've had the multiple delivery dates come and go, same as you all. What aggravates me most is that they've had my money this whole time....I don't want to cancel the order, though, because it remains the only cover I like.

Please keep updating as you hear more from Bak. Bakflip.com, whoever. Thanks!
Same story for me wow Feb 17 mine is January and I ordered sept also. Tired of putting plastic tarp and temporary lock for equipments. I literally put a vibration alarm at the bottom That we used for home security windows just in case.

ATL_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki zx6r, bmw 328is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I wouldn't think there would be a delay for development, as they make the x2 for ford, or the hard roll up with the ford logo. Which is basically the exact same thing as the x4s with a few minor changes. My dealer said they could get one of those in a few days. I haven't canceled my order yet but if my truck shows up and the x4s is still months out I will cancel and use my ford pass reward points on the other one.

Sponsored

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't think there would be a delay for development, as they make the x2 for ford, or the hard roll up with the ford logo. Which is basically the exact same thing as the x4s with a few minor changes. My dealer said they could get one of those in a few days. I haven't canceled my order yet but if my truck shows up and the x4s is still months out I will cancel and use my ford pass reward points on the other one.
Iā€™m sorry for the dumb question I just got my fordpass app and couldnā€™t find an option in the app where I can redeem the 42k points For accessories. I tried navigating @accesoriesford and didnā€™t find an option to apply the points. Did you have to call your local for parts and order the parts thru them? Thanks in advance

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m sorry for the dumb question I just got my fordpass app and couldnā€™t find an option in the app where I can redeem the 42k points For accessories. I tried navigating @accesoriesford and didnā€™t find an option to apply the points. Did you have to call your local for parts and order the parts thru them? Thanks in advance
you have to go to your dealership and use the points there. They get your member id number from your app and they apply it to your purchase. I just bought all weather mats today at the dealership and didnt have to pay anything

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you have to go to your dealership and use the points there. They get your member id number from your app and they apply it to your purchase. I just bought all weather mats today at the dealership and didnt have to pay anything
Thank you will definitely get the Mats.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The BAKFLIP and TRUXEDO look a lot alike.... maybe the TRUXEDO is on back order because they are made by the same folks that make the BAKFLIP !!!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't think there would be a delay for development, as they make the x2 for ford, or the hard roll up with the ford logo. Which is basically the exact same thing as the x4s with a few minor changes.
I suspect there are some differences in the products. One comes with a 3 year warranty and the other a 5 year, so there may be differences in the grade of materials, for example.

But as for delivery times, I guess we'll see. Lots of products roll out slowly and then, when they get the kinks out, deliveries pick up. (The Maverick comes to mind.) I have a delivery date in January and will be ok if I get the product by February. If it's October, as @Orb1T seems to think, that will be a different story.
Sponsored