Sponsored

Anybody doing light trails in Washington State?

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I have been watching some overlanding videos on YouTube that are filmed here in Washington State. Of course, our Mavericks won't compete with Tacoma , Jeeps or the like. Anyone have already or plan on checking them out?
Sponsored

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I have been watching some overlanding videos on YouTube that are filmed here in Washington State. Of course, our Mavericks won't compete with Tacoma , Jeeps or the like. Anyone have already or plan on checking them out?
If we get one we’d be taking it down gravel forest service roads of various levels of maintenance. The extra 1.8” of clearance over our Alltrack, full size spare, and extra sidewall height makes that use case more comfortable n

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driving down sandy beaches and gravel/dirt forest service roads when heading to the trailhead or the remote campsite is about the most off-road my Maverick FX4 will likely ever get. But our snow storms are getting more frequent and greater depths.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
I'm expecting to use it on just about everything short of rock crawling. Sand, mud, ice and snow. It's going to be my daily driver but it's also going to pull deer and boat duties and taking trips to go skiing. I probably won't be off roading, if for no other reason than not wanting to damage the landscape. I'm still young and healthy enough to bring things to and from the road on my back.

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Washington state maverick peeps. What dealers are you all going thru? I’m using Bowen scarff

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Washington state maverick peeps. What dealers are you all going thru? I’m using Bowen scarff
Mullinax Ford, Olympia

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you order hybrid ?
Velocity Blue XLT w/Lux, 360, Sunroof, 2.0 EB AWD with 4K tow & FX4 Mikala was my Maverick sales rep. She was extremely helpful, changed my order a couple times.

Sponsored

Vemmer3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vemund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 MIATA MX5 2022 MAVERICK LARIAT LUX 2.0 AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driving down sandy beaches and gravel/dirt forest service roads when heading to the trailhead or the remote campsite is about the most off-road my Maverick FX4 will likely ever get. But our snow storms are getting more frequent and greater depths.
I had to look up Steamboat Island to see where it is. How long of a drive to get there from 101? I have a Miata and enjoy taking drives to areas I've never been before, so don't be surprised to see a Green Miata drive by one day.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to look up Steamboat Island to see where it is. How long of a drive to get there from 101? I have a Miata and enjoy taking drives to areas I've never been before, so don't be surprised to see a Green Miata drive by one day.
Doing the speed limit, it's about 12-13 minutes. But it can be done in 10. ;)

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doing the speed limit, it's about 12-13 minutes. But it can be done in 10. ;)
So what you’re saying is, Maverick meetup at Characters Corner? What a small world. (I’m in Seattle now but grew up on Steamboat Island!)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what you’re saying is, Maverick meetup at Characters Corner? What a small world. (I’m in Seattle now but grew up on Steamboat Island!)
I'd be up for that when we start getting our Mavericks!

Vemmer3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vemund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 MIATA MX5 2022 MAVERICK LARIAT LUX 2.0 AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds like a plan, I would have to find out where Characters corner is. I assume it isn't too far from Steamboat island.
Sponsored