Sponsored

Anybody doing light trails in Washington State?

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds like a plan, I would have to find out where Characters corner is. I assume it isn't too far from Steamboat island.
I might be interested too, depending on work schedule.
Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't worry about the capabilities - likely the truck will do more than what most people are even comfortable with :) I got the FX4 with skid plates as I find the biggest issue I run into is bottoming out when you don't have big wheel/tires or a lift but it rarely slows me down in Washington.

A short story about a stock jeep -

In the 90's I was in Yakima working for a friends family in the summer and his uncle took us up in the mountains to shoot some guns in his rusty CJ jeep that had been sitting in a barn. I was surprised it even started, and the inside was all rusted. The tires were just farm type stock size skinny tires.

He took us up on the trail and we started seeing all types of off road vehicles and turns out a group of 4x4s were out exploring for the day. They asked the uncle if he knew the way to the top and he said yes so he led them up the mountain. We got to a particularly steep area and the road had washed out a bit so it was at a bad angle and he told me and my buddy to lean out the uphill side. I was freaking out because it was the steepest grade I'd even been on and we had to go up at a slight angle which was also really sketchy.

The other vehicles behind us with lift kits, huge tires, and every other thing you could imagine had to turn around. You could see their faces as this rusty old stock jeep went up a hill they didn't dare attempt. We went right up and over the hill and continued on down the valley on the other side.

Now I'm not saying the Maverick will compete with a jeep but some of the off road technolgy is pretty cool nowadays so you might be surprised. Did you guys watch the videos of the maverick in the sand/dirt?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds like a plan, I would have to find out where Characters corner is. I assume it isn't too far from Steamboat island.
Steamboat Island is at the tip of the Griffin Peninsula. Most call it the Steamboat Island Peninsula. Characters Corner is a local bar/diner at the base of the Griffin Peninsula in an area called Schneider's Prairie. Basically where Steamboat Island Road and US 101 meet. It's the commercial area for the Steamboat/Griffin area.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone in WA knows of a trainer around Seattle here post up on this thread!

Reactions: bgn

Vemmer3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vemund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 MIATA MX5 2022 MAVERICK LARIAT LUX 2.0 AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Steamboat Island is at the tip of the Griffin Peninsula. Most call it the Steamboat Island Peninsula. Characters Corner is a local bar/diner at the base of the Griffin Peninsula in an area called Schneider's Prairie. Basically where Steamboat Island Road and US 101 meet. It's the commercial area for the Steamboat/Griffin area.
I went for a drive in my Miata yesterday the really back road way to Steamboat Island. Lots of twisty roads when you get off 101. I think I know where characters corner is, I got back on 101 there. Steamboat Island looks like a tight community, you must know everybody there. I also stopped at Frye beach and walked down the hill to the picnic area. It was a little tough walking back to the car, wife had a knee replacement done 7 weeks ago.

Sponsored

AndrewSKY117

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outback Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll hopefully get a build date tomorrow, but I am totally up for a meetup, it sounds like fun! I also ordered from Mullinax Ford in Oly.
Sponsored