Sponsored

Any mannequin 2.0 Mavericks in South Florida to test drive?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am patiently waiting to have my HPR XLT Hybrid courtesy dropped to my local dealer from Long McArthur when completed. I was trying to see if any local dealers had a unit on-lot to do a look-see. (i.e Training unit)

Called the local dealer where my unit will be delivered (along with three other dealers here in S. FL) all of which have "no clue" when a "training unit" is scheduled to be on premises. Ford should be more transparent with their dealers so any updated information can be passed to buyers without having to go online and sift thru thousands of web page forums.
This is coming off to me as bad marketing for a new vehicle. Seems Ford is missing out here.
My thought would be to have had at least one Maverick training unit sent to each major metropolitan area and have that unit simply visit multiple Ford Dealers in that area (county) BEFORE opening the reservation option so that interested parties can see, touch, feel, measure etc. the actual. vehicle. IDK maybe I'm old LOL !

I would be curious to know what other prospective Maverick owners think....
Sponsored

profecia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone found a dealer with one yet? No luck here. Making a few calls today to see what happens.

profecia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, so far I called Metro Ford miami, palmetto ford miami, greico ford ft lauderdale, pines ford, and none have one. Giving up for today

profecia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all,

I received a message from Midway Ford in Miami, that they will be receiving a Maverick for training this Thursday, August 26 around 10A. I for sure will be there.

Midway Ford
8155 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33144

Reactions: Mav
OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Hello all,

I received a message from Midway Ford in Miami, that they will be receiving a Maverick for training this Thursday, August 26 around 10A. I for sure will be there.

Midway Ford
8155 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33144
Thanks for sharing this. Would love to ask the trainer what dealerships he is hitting next. He will probably be going to others after this one. If anyone goes, please ask what his schedule is. Would be great to line some folks up with a preview
Actually, my neighbor is the service manager at pompano. Maybe I’ll just ask him when they are getting their trainer. Probably soon

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
West Boca here, as well. No idea about dealers having any to look at. I literally made a reservation at every Ford dealer from WPB to Ft. Lauderdale and dealing with them all was complete ass. Ended up placing my order through Bozard Ford in St. Augustine.
Can you describe all of the reasons you chose Bozard Ford, St. Augustine?

I am considering Horsham Ford in the Philly area of PA.. {4% off Invoice!! that is about $2k off my 1st Edition build - well worth a $400 flight!) fly in, they will get me a Lyft to their dealership, sign and pay...then drive it back to FL... prolly stop in N Carolina on the way to visit family...

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am patiently waiting to have my HPR XLT Hybrid courtesy dropped to my local dealer from Long McArthur when completed. I was trying to see if any local dealers had a unit on-lot to do a look-see. (i.e Training unit)

Called the local dealer where my unit will be delivered (along with three other dealers here in S. FL) all of which have "no clue" when a "training unit" is scheduled to be on premises. Ford should be more transparent with their dealers so any updated information can be passed to buyers without having to go online and sift thru thousands of web page forums.
This is coming off to me as bad marketing for a new vehicle. Seems Ford is missing out here.
My thought would be to have had at least one Maverick training unit sent to each major metropolitan area and have that unit simply visit multiple Ford Dealers in that area (county) BEFORE opening the reservation option so that interested parties can see, touch, feel, measure etc. the actual. vehicle. IDK maybe I'm old LOL !

I would be curious to know what other prospective Maverick owners think....
According to my salesman dealers only get trainers if they pay Ford for the training program so maybe those dealers don't pay for the service.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all,

Midway Ford
8155 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33144
Darn....I'm driving through Friday night on my way to the Keys for the weekend!

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Can you describe all of the reasons you chose Bozard Ford, St. Augustine?

I am considering Horsham Ford in the Philly area of PA.. {4% off Invoice!! that is about $2k off my 1st Edition build - well worth a $400 flight!) fly in, they will get me a Lyft to their dealership, sign and pay...then drive it back to FL... prolly stop in N Carolina on the way to visit family...
I literally made a reservation at like 6 different dealerships throughout South Florida. Communication with all of them was either terrible or they tried to bait and switch me with incentives (I'd ask for more information and get zero response, other dealers would tell me nobody is offering the deals I mentioned). Some of them seemed like they couldn't possibly care less about selling me a car. I mentioned this to my cousin, who "has a guy" for everything. His guy was at Bozard. Dude got the deal done in one day with only text/email and no deposit. Coffee is for closers!

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I literally made a reservation at like 6 different dealerships throughout South Florida. Communication with all of them was either terrible or they tried to bait and switch me with incentives (I'd ask for more information and get zero response, other dealers would tell me nobody is offering the deals I mentioned). Some of them seemed like they couldn't possibly care less about selling me a car. I mentioned this to my cousin, who "has a guy" for everything. His guy was at Bozard. Dude got the deal done in one day with only text/email and no deposit. Coffee is for closers!
I just got a DORAN done with the Chapman Ford, Horsham PA, owner within minutes... what took Brandon Ford nearly a week to get done!! And I still did not receive a confirmation from Ford regarding the Brandon Ford submittal!?!?!? Whereas, with Chapman Ford, I had the DORAN and Ford confirmation email within 2 minutes!! Amazing!!

But, when it is ready, I'll have to fly into Philly area and Chapman Ford, will have Lyft pick me up at the airport and take me to their dealership for the transaction! Wow I am glad I made this move over to Chapman Ford!

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I just got a DORAN done with the Chapman Ford, Horsham PA, owner within minutes... what took Brandon Ford nearly a week to get done!! And I still did not receive a confirmation from Ford regarding the Brandon Ford submittal!?!?!? Whereas, with Chapman Ford, I had the DORAN and Ford confirmation email within 2 minutes!! Amazing!!

But, when it is ready, I'll have to fly into Philly area and Chapman Ford, will have Lyft pick me up at the airport and take me to their dealership for the transaction! Wow I am glad I made this move over to Chapman Ford!
Yeah, I changed to Chapman as well. Initially set up for Drop Ship to Port Richey but have decided to fly up to TTN ($38 one way on Frontier) and drive to Lorton VA and catch the Auto Train to Sanford. Don't want to put unnecessary miles on the new truck. Especially driving on the interstate at a steady speed without cruise. I have always been told not to use cruise on a new vehicle so I figured catch the train back. I think its $58 (?) from Lorton to Sanford. I do know it's $189 for private room for 2.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All these horror stories about dealerships and their lack of willingness to help a potential customer is absolutely infuriating. I have left several messages for the Fleet Mgr at my local dealer to discuss the courtesy drop ship process from Long McArthur and have not heard a word from him. Have been trying for two weeks to get a courtesy return call to no avail. Not even a "I'm out of the office blah, blah, blah" prompt on his voice mail.
Wish I had a job that required no effort on my part to assist a customer and still have a paycheck deposited in my account with little to no regard for what pays your bills in the first place.
We TRULY live in a different world.
I hope this new direction Ford is taking with the Factory "pre-order" vehicle process (Maverick, Bronco, Lightning) to eliminate dealer inventory takes off and we see a drastically reduced dealer network. Yes, you still have to have a service area I guess but I wouldn't mind at all seeing the sales department model disappear.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
All these horror stories about dealerships and their lack of willingness to help a potential customer is absolutely infuriating. I have left several messages for the Fleet Mgr at my local dealer to discuss the courtesy drop ship process from Long McArthur and have not heard a word from him. Have been trying for two weeks to get a courtesy return call to no avail. Not even a "I'm out of the office blah, blah, blah" prompt on his voice mail.
Wish I had a job that required no effort on my part to assist a customer and still have a paycheck deposited in my account with little to no regard for what pays your bills in the first place.
We TRULY live in a different world.
I hope this new direction Ford is taking with the Factory "pre-order" vehicle process (Maverick, Bronco, Lightning) to eliminate dealer inventory takes off and we see a drastically reduced dealer network. Yes, you still have to have a service area I guess but I wouldn't mind at all seeing the sales department model disappear.
I had the same experience with the Ocala dealer. So I got in the car and drove the 35 minutes to face him and give me an answer. Come to find out there is NO Commercial/Fleet Manager. Just some salesman doing the job. He had to get with the Sales Manager, his supervisor, to see if he could. Of course we all know the response was NO. Sales wants nothing to do with Courtesy Deliveries. So go down there and look him in the eye and ask him.
But I totally agree with you.

n1sxl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fort Meyers here id love to see one in person just for measurement purposes on my modifications but a test drive would be nice aswell 😆
My dealer is Sam Galloway Ford. They claim to have 70/80 orders. I did ask awhile ago but they are never told when they get events. Seems like there is major lack of communication at that place.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order

Have you checked with Chapman to see if they know a lease manager/fleet manager in your area?
Sponsored