Sponsored

Any 23 orders getting bumped to priority code 2?

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put another way, if your priority is 10 or higher, the only thing that matters is your priority and order date compared to other orders at your dealer.

Once you reach priority 2 the thing that matters is your engine and constraints compared to all the other priority 2s.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
priority status as we might jump in and out of them until we actually get scheduled
No, once you make it to priority 2 you never bounce back to 10 and above unless you ask your dealer to make a change to the vehicle when it is already at a 2.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, once you make it to priority 2 you never bounce back to 10 and above unless you ask your dealer to make a chance to the vehicle when it is already at a 2.
Right, but priority 2 doesn't mean you get scheduled. Down below in the "Similar Threads" are examples of people getting put at Priority 2 in the past and then not being scheduled. And there are people who never knew they went to Priority 2. They just went from 10-19 to "hey, I got an email!"

All I'm saying is that for today, all those of us in the new order camp can really do is just watch our email as the cancelled VINs are going to have priority. And I would not be surprised if Ford pushes to exceed their 35-65 ratio to get them out the door.

I personally am not going to pester my dealer for a status play-by-play but you do you.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered my MY22 hybrid in Oct 2021 and finally got bumped to priority 02 in May 2022. Then at the end of August 2022 I got a VIN and a build week, then the fun began. My build week was bounced around and I actually had date once, but it was cancelled (see signature). I'm not going to get excited until I see my truck in my driveway.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, but priority 2 doesn't mean you get scheduled. Down below in the "Similar Threads" are examples of people getting put at Priority 2 in the past and then not being scheduled. And there are people who never knew they went to Priority 2. They just went from 10-19 to "hey, I got an email!"

All I'm saying is that for today, all those of us in the new order camp can really do is just watch our email as the cancelled VINs are going to have priority. And I would not be surprised if Ford pushes to exceed their 35-65 ratio to get them out the door.
I never said priority 2 meant you would immediately get scheduled. But it is an indication that things are moving forward for you.

I personally am not going to pester my dealer
You do not have to "pester" your dealer, Ford phone and chat support can give you your priority. After waiting over a year through Ford's terrible communications I'm not going to worry about "pestering" Ford.

I will leave this here since you didn't seem to read it.
Put another way, if your priority is 10 or higher, the only thing that matters is your priority and order date compared to other orders at your dealer.

Once you reach priority 2 the thing that matters is your engine and constraints compared to all the other priority 2s.
So if you stay at priority 2 for a long time you may want to consider dropping some constraints. But if you are 10 or above, your dealer allocation not the constraints are holding you up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
No, you are missing the point. For MY 22s, moving to priority 2 was an indication you were getting closer to being scheduled. Moving to priority 2 happened before you were scheduled, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months but it always happened before you were scheduled.

Moving to priority 2 was the indication you had made it through the "gate" of dealer allocation. So once at priority 2, dealer allocation was no longer an issue and constraints were the only thing that would keep you from being scheduled by Ford and the factory.
Our orders- new orders placed in Sept 22, that are scheduled for Dec build dates, are priority 2.

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For some reason according to Ford chat, I am in priority 10 still, even though I am scheduled for build on 12/15.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our orders- new orders placed in Sept 22, that are scheduled for Dec build dates, are priority 2.
For some reason according to Ford chat, I am in priority 10 still, even though I am scheduled for build on 12/15.
Interesting that some are at priority 2 and others are not.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
No, once you make it to priority 2 you never bounce back to 10 and above unless you ask your dealer to make a change to the vehicle when it is already at a 2.

Thanks, it was at a priority 02 and I had high hopes it would get scheduled, but the fact that Ford chat said it isn't scheduled and that it was back at a priority 10 today has me freaking out a bit...
Sponsored