Sponsored

Order bumped to Priority 2- what's average time to production?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my Maverick Dec 15, 2021 and dealer had me at Priority 19 (all their retail orders get this). I have a bunch of constrained options on it and was/am in no hurry to receive my truck. I drop into my dealer every 2-3 weeks to see if any changes or updates- or to ask about issues reported here. I also check with Ford Customer Service once a month just to see if any changes. I had been stuck with "in order processing" until maybe March and then dealer Visibility report showed "unscheduled clean" ever since. No big deal, got plenty of stuff to keep me busy.

Today I popped in on dealer after deciding I would remove my SIBL, Splash Guards, Full size spare and Floor mats set to hopefully get built still as a MY2022 and not deal with potentially getting rolled over to MY2023. My rep selected those items for deletion and got an error message saying my order was locked and could not be changed anymore. He tried again- same thing and he was lost. I asked if my priority had changed and sure enough it had been changed from 19 to 2. IIRC, Priority 2 can only be set by Regional management team as they preview orders for scheduling? Dealer rep thought that was the case too.

So now I'm wondering what the average wait was for everyone that got built between the bump to Priority 2 and then on to Scheduled for Production and finally getting built? Still no big hurry on my end, but I'm actually getting more excited as it seems to be getting closer to happening (y)
Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Maverick Dec 15, 2021 and dealer had me at Priority 19 (all their retail orders get this). I have a bunch of constrained options on it and was/am in no hurry to receive my truck. I drop into my dealer every 2-3 weeks to see if any changes or updates- or to ask about issues reported here. I also check with Ford Customer Service once a month just to see if any changes. I had been stuck with "in order processing" until maybe March and then dealer Visibility report showed "unscheduled clean" ever since. No big deal, got plenty of stuff to keep me busy.

Today I popped in on dealer after deciding I would remove my SIBL, Splash Guards, Full size spare and Floor mats set to hopefully get built still as a MY2022 and not deal with potentially getting rolled over to MY2023. My rep selected those items for deletion and got an error message saying my order was locked and could not be changed anymore. He tried again- same thing and he was lost. I asked if my priority had changed and sure enough it had been changed from 19 to 2. IIRC, Priority 2 can only be set by Regional management team as they preview orders for scheduling? Dealer rep thought that was the case too.

So now I'm wondering what the average wait was for everyone that got built between the bump to Priority 2 and then on to Scheduled for Production and finally getting built? Still no big hurry on my end, but I'm actually getting more excited as it seems to be getting closer to happening (y)
Many people have been in Priority 2 literally for months. See this link from @fordvideoguy to explain to your dealer exactly how they can remove any highly constrained (yet dealer-installable later) items (especially the splash guards - 4%!!!).

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
Priority 1 here. I was priority 2 for about two months. Still waiting, still no vin #. Sorry for the bad news but you're in for a haul

Ordered on September 3rd. Hybrid XLT w/copilot 360, lux package, tonneau cover. carbonized grey

edit: forgot to mention most of my stuff has constraints. I was just looking at your order date being almost three months after mine

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority 1 here. I was priority 2 for about two months. Still waiting, still no vin #. Sorry for the bad news but you're in for a haul

Ordered on September 3rd. Hybrid XLT w/copilot 360, lux package, tonneau cover. carbonized grey

edit: forgot to mention most of my stuff has constraints. I was just looking at your order date being almost three months after mine
See my reply above - have your dealer remove the tonneau cover (soft are at 12%, hard are at 2-3%).

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Switch out tonneau cover for bed extender and you ordered my truck (9/8 order). Let's race and see who gets scheduled first.

Sponsored

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So now I'm wondering what the average wait was for everyone that got built between the bump to Priority 2 and then on to Scheduled for Production and finally getting built?
I went P2 in Jan
Scheduled in Mar
Currently being built

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many people have been in Priority 2 literally for months. See this link from @fordvideoguy to explain to your dealer exactly how they can remove any highly constrained (yet dealer-installable later) items (especially the splash guards - 4%!!!).
Got it. This wasn't a must-do situation for me so no big deal. I deliberately added stuff like splash guards knowing they were constrained because I had spent months preparing an old house to list for sale and didn't know exactly when I could even get it listed and didn't want truck to arrive too early before I had ca$h in hand. Last Time I visited dealer they asked if I wanted to remove anything and I said no, maybe later. Now I am waiting for house sale to close so I thought , why not remove a couple things and see what happens. I actually built the truck with exactly the stuff I wanted on it anyways and will be fine waiting it out ;)

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

no bad news worries. I can easily wait it out, even if it goes to a MY 2023. I'm actually really curious about the new gen Ranger coming and it may fit my requirements even better than the Maverick with no compromises. If I get the Mav later and the Ranger pans out I'll have a low mileage Maverick for trade in :cool:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was at Priority 2 for 5 months.
Sponsored