Sponsored

Any 23 orders getting bumped to priority code 2?

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With 22 orders the normal process was your dealer set your priority code to 10 to 19 and then Ford bumped your order to priority code 2 when it was being considered for scheduling.

But that does not seem to be happening with 23s. Every scheduled 23 I have seen still had a priority code 10 or higher. Am I mistaking?

Maybe Ford is reserving priority code 2 for the 22s with VIN orders until they get rolled over to 23 orders?
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For roll overs.... supposed to be code 99 until you have gotten with dealer on changes and then Ford puts in code 02.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For roll overs.... supposed to be code 99 until you have gotten with dealer on changes and then Ford puts in code 02.
Correct, so maybe Ford is reserving the 02 for that time so they will not get mixed with the other 23 orders.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct, so maybe Ford is reserving the 02 for that time so they will not get mixed with the other 23 orders.
That's my understanding. One has to get with their dealer ASAP though to meet deadlines of 11/09 and 11/30

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

F-050

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With 22 orders the normal process was your dealer set your priority code to 10 to 19 and then Ford bumped your order to priority code 2 when it was being considered for scheduling.

But that does not seem to be happening with 23s. Every scheduled 23 I have seen still had a priority code 10 or higher. Am I mistaking?

Maybe Ford is reserving priority code 2 for the 22s with VIN orders until they get rolled over to 23 orders?
Yes, that's it

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that 22 orders that had a VIN have been moved to priority 2. Have any 23 orders, new or ones that did NOT have a 22 VIN been moved to priority 2?

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Now that 22 orders that had a VIN have been moved to priority 2. Have any 23 orders, new or ones that did NOT have a 22 VIN been moved to priority 2?
According to many many many posts over the past few weeks, yes. Many brand new 23s are scheduled to be built in December.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to many many many posts over the past few weeks, yes. Many brand new 23s are scheduled to be built in December.
Yes, but they have NOT been a priority 2. They have been scheduled when their priority was 10 or higher.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority code goes <10 when preview/scheduled.
That's how it worked last year but not how the Nov/Dec 23s were scheduled. Not as single person reported they were moved to priority 2 before they got scheduled.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
That's how it worked last year but not how the Nov/Dec 23s were scheduled. Not as single person reported they were moved to priority 2 before they got scheduled.
This is called argumentum ad ignorantiam. Not a single person reported that their truck arrived with air in the tires either, so...

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is called argumentum ad ignorantiam. Not a single person reported that their truck arrived with air in the tires either, so...
No, you are missing the point. For MY 22s, moving to priority 2 was an indication you were getting closer to being scheduled. Moving to priority 2 happened before you were scheduled, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months but it always happened before you were scheduled.

Moving to priority 2 was the indication you had made it through the "gate" of dealer allocation. So once at priority 2, dealer allocation was no longer an issue and constraints were the only thing that would keep you from being scheduled by Ford and the factory.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, you are missing the point. For MY 22s, moving to priority 2 was an indication you were getting closer to being scheduled. Moving to priority 2 happened before you were scheduled, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months but it always happened before you were scheduled.

Moving to priority 2 was the indication you had made it through the "gate" of dealer allocation. So once at priority 2, dealer allocation was no longer an issue and constraints were the only thing that would keep you from being scheduled by Ford and the factory.
Tim said he has 43 allocations and all 17 of his cancelled VINs are previewing. Simple math would say at least 26 of his new orders are also previewing.

For the new orders, I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the previewing/priority status as we might jump in and out of them until we actually get scheduled. Only the cancelled VINs are guaranteed a slot. For the rest of us, it is going to come down to allocation and constraints, as it usually does.
Sponsored