Sponsored

An amusing revelation on my drive in to work today.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most of us here on the forum are enamored with our little trucklettes. I know I am. I'm loving mine.
So as I'm driving in to work, my head's on a swivel looking out to see if anyone is checking out my new hooptie.
Whether at a stop light or just putting along, I guess I was expecting to be getting all this attention as if I was in a lime green Lambo. HA HA HA

So far, no one's given a second look and I started laughing to myself thinking what a spaz I am.
Don't feel sad. I just go around and ask people "Hey how about that new Ford Maverick truck? So far no one I know has heard about the new truck. When looking at magazines I just started seeing references to the Maverick at the end of Sep/beginning of Oct. You are not a spaz,not your fault people are unaware !!
Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
and we are the ones that say to the appliance store...."Just put it in the back please, I don't have an SUV anymore, I have room".
And also say, "Oh, you don't have a loading dock? No problem! We can just lift it by hand since the bed isn't damn near dock-height like an F-350."

I was in a bad wreck a couple years ago, the other driver didn't see me coming and pulled out in front of me. I T-boned him at 55 mph. My Civic did what it was supposed to do and I walked away from it. My Civic was silver and nearly the same color of the road.

That day I said that from now on I was going with a bright, loud color and DRL's to draw maximum attention to myself.

Now I ordered a stealth Cactus Gray Maverick. I'm actually a little nervous about the low visibility it will make on an overcast or rainy day.
Well I'm glad you're still with us. Better to buy a new car than a new hip.

Living in the snowy north I would not order a white vehicle for that same reason.
Sorta funny; my first choice is white because I drive at night a lot and white reflects the most light and is easiest to see when its dark.

Of course I'm also in Southern California where it rains about once every presidential term.

Always drive with headlights on. It's a very simple way to vastly improve your vehicle's visibility to other drivers.
Did that with my black F-150. Quite literally burned through a lot of 9007 bulbs, but I never had a SMIDSY after that. Headlights tell others that the vehicle is probably moving and not parked.

Ditto.

Not too sure about that. I think most in this forum could afford a F150 but just don’t want a big truck. I’m in that boat. Just too big.
Plus I refuse to pay that much for any vehicle.
Same. I sold my F-250 after I sold my 8.5x20 enclosed trailer. My Nissan Frontier tows a car on an open trailer just fine. Don't get me wrong, big trucks are cool to drive but not so cool to own unless you have work for them to do and the money to keep them maintained.

Like, I either paid a guy to wash and wax the truck for me, or I'd have to spend half a weekend day doing it myself. My Nissan Frontier is small enough to fit through an $8 conveyor belt carwash. And it has much less surface area and is low enough that I can wax it myself in 30 minutes with no special equipment.

I could've easily bought another F-150 instead of the Nissan Frontier, but I wouldn't be much better off. The overall length is shorter but it's not much lower to the ground or narrower. The doors are freakin' long. I can swing the Frontier's doors open almost all the way in my standard 2-car garage. When I parked a rental '18 F-150 in there, I could only open the doors a sliver.

BeachBum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 AWD Maverick XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Most of us here on the forum are enamored with our little trucklettes. I know I am. I'm loving mine.
So as I'm driving in to work, my head's on a swivel looking out to see if anyone is checking out my new hooptie.
Whether at a stop light or just putting along, I guess I was expecting to be getting all this attention as if I was in a lime green Lambo. HA HA HA

So far, no one's given a second look and I started laughing to myself thinking what a spaz I am.
Did something similar the other day. I drive through the city where my dealer is on my way to and from work. Saw a car carrier coming the other way and looked to see what was on it, had a couple Escapes and an F-150. A minute later I saw another car carrier coming the other way, was full of Toyotas.

It was at this point that I laughed and told myself "you're an idiot".

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can afford a new F-150 but I'm not sure I could afford a new garage, attached to a new house, big enough to hold a full-size truck.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ditto.

Not too sure about that. I think most in this forum could afford a F150 but just don’t want a big truck. I’m in that boat. Just too big.
Plus I refuse to pay that much for any vehicle.
Not only do we not want a BIG-A$$ truck, we want a truck that get competitive gas mileage! It's about time. Can't wait for my Hybrid! In a few years they will have and all-wheel-drive hybrid and it will be great. For now Front wheel drive is fine at 42mpg.

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to admit, my co-workers are all giving me the smile-and-nod routine whenever I start blathering about the maverick. Then the side-eye starts. :ROFLMAO:
Remember that when they want your truck help moving their apartment stuff next year.

RocketJockey83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius c
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I would be the vehicle formerly known as white but currently gray due to the snow melt.:LOL:
I have a Tangerine Scream, for the same reason! My wife has been side swiped 3 tmes and rear ended twice, and now has a lot of extra hardware in her neck. Her car is a silver Focus.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see many Bronco Sports, certainly no full-sized Broncos, and no Mustang Mach E's either. Ford has some great new vehicles but nothing seems to be getting out on the roads. Many years ago they used the slogan, "Ford has a Better Idea." Ideas are great but nothing beats the real deal.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't see many Bronco Sports, certainly no full-sized Broncos, and no Mustang Mach E's either. Ford has some great new vehicles but nothing seems to be getting out on the roads. Many years ago they used the slogan, "Ford has a Better Idea." Ideas are great but nothing beats the real deal.
I now see Bronco Sports and Mach E's pretty much every day on Western Washington highways. Definitely 10:1 BS to M-E's. I have only seen one Bronco in the wild though. And one Maverick so far.

Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Even if I wanted a 150, and even if it fit in my garage, I couldn't blow that much on a truck. I can still remember my first house, which cost $12,000

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did something similar the other day. I drive through the city where my dealer is on my way to and from work. Saw a car carrier coming the other way and looked to see what was on it, had a couple Escapes and an F-150. A minute later I saw another car carrier coming the other way, was full of Toyotas.

It was at this point that I laughed and told myself "you're an idiot".
Every time I drive by a ford lot im looking. And same with car carriers as well. Indid see three shelby f-150 on one a couple weeks ago

OP
OP
Gabbydad

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, here’s an update. About 2 hours ago I was giving my neighbor a demo when a guy in a Golf Sportwagon passes by, gets about 100 feet past, stops, puts it in reverse and starts asking questions beginning with “how did you score one already?”

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD

They blend in.. esp with darker colors.

Take one to a dealer that does not have any though, and watch the people and sales staff gather.
Sponsored