First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bed rug thanks to fedex is getting delivered today, also ordered the full LasFit LED kit for the truck and light smoke tint vinyl for the headlights/tail lights.

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the bed rug installed, was pretty easy. The bug deflector however isn't lining up mounting hole wise so I may return it to real truck.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0358.JPG

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Audio build planning update, so the adapter will be a AP4-FD31 from PAC, this will run to a DSP From Digital Designs https://ddaudio.com/active-pre-amp/dsi-3/. Then it will go to a 4 channel amp from Sound Digital https://soundigitalusa.com/products/800-4-evox2/. This will power the components for the front stage from Audio Dynamics https://adcaraudio.com/store/product/adcs624-2000-series/.

The sub stage and amplifier is still something I am deciding on, various idea's range from something more conservative like 2 10s under the rear seats to full out removing the rear seat and building a floor to house an enclosure with 2 15s ported and tuned around 32Hz - 35Hz.

Sponsored

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I had to do truck things today, my Craftsman air compressor which is probably 20+ years old finally decided it was time to rest forever. So had to run and get a new one.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0362.JPG

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0365.JPG

Also my lasfit LED kit arrived and I got them all installed except the front side marker lights.

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed the DRLs from amazon that I saw on this forum, wasn't too hard of an install I was able to run the wires through a gap on the outer end of the light between the grill and headlight. I also used 3M Emblem double sided tape to install them as I did not want to drill into my grill at all. I elected not to connect the turn signal portion as I think the Lasfit LEDs do plenty for turn signals.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0366.JPG

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keeping her clean is a passion/obsession. Today she wasn't that dirty but she got a good wheel/tire clean, foam canon treatment with Adam's mega foam then a full dry and tire dressing.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0375.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Small update today, got my black AWD emblem in and installed. Complete front stage audio is coming Feb 16th and 17th.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0394.JPG

Oh and not visible in these photos is that I removed the FX4 decals, I am working on my own version that I may or may not use later.

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been working on a new FX4 decal, however I do NOT like the ones being sold as it appears everyone is using the EPS that was uploaded to brands of the world. However as I have OCD, this logo is not correct.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log fx4_off_road_2018

So what's wrong with it? Well the biggest problem is the D in the word "ROAD" it is severely chopped off on the right bottom end. And I was not satisfied on how it looked or cut in vinyl. So I decided to just well make it look correct. After about 30mins in my software I think I have it where I wanted it. I redid the eyelets in the R and the A as well as corrected the D to where it looks like a D again.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0402.JPG

This is just a random color I have a lot of I do test cuts with, I am still not 100% if I am going to do this to my truck as I have already removed the factory FX4 stickers. But if I do I can also make it whatever color I want either leaving the exposed area for the factory paint to show through or I could make it dual color with an inlay of another vinyl.

Oh and yes this is the correct sizing to match the factory decal size.

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well got the Components installed, 4 channel amp, DD Audio DSP and also did DD Audio 4 inch coaxials in the rear just for fill. Put my old SFB-1000D in for now and built a small box for a single 10 I purchased. This is just to tide me over till I fully plan out the back of the truck.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log IMG_0406.JPG

FYI - if you remove the seatbelts, you have to leave the buckle side in and connected or you will get a nice little Airbag warning and notification, thanks ford!

OP
OP
All4spl

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And a could not pass up deal came up today, so I have ordered (2) Sundown Audio U 15s they will be here in about a week.

Ford Maverick ALL4SPL's 23 Cactus Gray Maverick Build Log u15s.JPG

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well got the Components installed, 4 channel amp, DD Audio DSP and also did DD Audio 4 inch coaxials in the rear just for fill. Put my old SFB-1000D in for now and built a small box for a single 10 I purchased. This is just to tide me over till I fully plan out the back of the truck.

IMG_0406.JPG

FYI - if you remove the seatbelts, you have to leave the buckle side in and connected or you will get a nice little Airbag warning and notification, thanks ford!
Yeah that is annoying
I removed my middle seat belt but the buckle stays
I wonder if there is a forscan fix for this
Sponsored