Reactions: Dad

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Geek air makes some awesome battery fans.

EC50F7CC-B88A-4994-A2FD-EFBA79947E8A.jpeg
OMG what kind of cutie, dog, is that???!!! 😍

I have a small travel fan w USB but I will probably just get another. I haven't actually been in the Mav in a week, so I need to check how/where I can attach a fan w clamp.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had several mid 90 days here and used AC, worked great. Truly happy with all of it so far.
I agree. I have absolutely no issues with it other than it works great. I especially like the hurricane-like fan speeds if needed.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice the hybrid A/C turns on when the ignition is turned on? I have A/C off and fan on 68 when I shut off the truck. When I start it, it always turns on the A/C even when it’s below 68 in my garage or outside.. WTF
Maybe you have the Auto temp on?

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would you be able to post a similar video to compare? You know how dealers can be. I'll take it in this week and report back.

Also, this isnt even max AC, which is even louder
Gladly.
Apologies. I made the audio, but whenever I attach the file here, it changes it to a gif, which is worthless. Can you private message me with your email and I'll send it to you that way.

Sponsored

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering about the a/c, since like all newer vehicles, it used 1234yf refrigerant, which is less efficient (and more corrosive btw), than 134a. Ask any independent repair shop, and they'll tell you the new stuff, while loads better for the environment, isn't nearly as efficient as 134a. (134a replace good old R12, and was fond to not be as environmentally friendly as originally thought).

I know in my wife's '18 Crosstrek, which uses 1234yf, it doesn't cool anywhere near as fast, or as cold, as the 134a based system in my '12 Outback. - Any colder and my Outback could make ice cubes on a hot day, and I was sort of wondering how well the Maverick's a/c worked. (Not to mention the Hybrid models are all electric, with no belt driven compressor).

davidalexispr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD FX4 4KTow
It is actually really slow to get cold! When it gets to temperature it is super cold, but it is slow to do so. I come from a base model Mits Lancer and that shit gets cold instantaneously.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe you have the Auto temp on?
No, Auto is not selected (light off). Climate control in remote start is also set to last used.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering about the a/c, since like all newer vehicles, it used 1234yf refrigerant, which is less efficient (and more corrosive btw), than 134a. Ask any independent repair shop, and they'll tell you the new stuff, while loads better for the environment, isn't nearly as efficient as 134a. (134a replace good old R12, and was fond to not be as environmentally friendly as originally thought).

I know in my wife's '18 Crosstrek, which uses 1234yf, it doesn't cool anywhere near as fast, or as cold, as the 134a based system in my '12 Outback. - Any colder and my Outback could make ice cubes on a hot day, and I was sort of wondering how well the Maverick's a/c worked. (Not to mention the Hybrid models are all electric, with no belt driven compressor).
Great post! You bring up some very interesting concerns about the refrigerant. Not sure how to find out what the Maverick uses. Good point about why the hybrid AC might work differently.
Sponsored